Sendero - A Company Going Places | Glassdoor

"A Company Going Places"

Pros

- Outstanding team of people
Sendero has a real knack for recruiting talent, they attract highly qualified professionals and college recruits who are motivated and driven. The team always helps each other out, even if it's someone outside of your project there is always someone eager to give some advice and guidance based on their experiences. Everyone, especially leadership, understands the meaning of "check your title at the door" so that everyone can learn from each other and have an equal say.
- Great career growth and potential
I hope to retire from Sendero, that should say it all.
- Challenging but fun work
As a consulting firm, there are a wide variety of projects and work to be done. Your Career Advocate and other management team members will get to know you, ask what you are interested in and where you want to grow, and help provide you with the right opportunities. Interested in technology but a background in management? No worries, the team will help give you the right opportunities so that you can explore technology regardless of your background. The work is challenging, too, and Sendero likes to build their people up and provide them with stretch roles so that they can remain engaged.
- Trustworthy senior leadership who truly care
The leadership team at Sendero take a special interest in each employee, meeting with them and getting to know them. They get to know our passions and interests and follow-up with us. Upon promotion, I received hand-written cards in the mail from multiple members of our senior leadership, that was the cherry on top!
- Incredible and special culture
There is a culture committee specifically tasked with growing and nurturing the culture as the firm grows. There are quarterly meetings, monthly happy hours, a variety of athletic teams, and much more to keep everyone engaged and connected.

Cons

- Rapid growth means some growing pains
The company is really taking off and is hiring in a lot of great talent in order to accomodate client demands. This is great news but there are some growing pains associated. The good news is that leadership really listens to people's concerns and works very dilligently to address comments/concerns. They will even follow-up with you to let you know status and next steps!
- Client-driven deadlines sometimes means late/long hours
At the end of the day, you are a consultant which means the client drives your deadlines. Sometimes these deadlines, coupled with most everyone's desire to over-deliver for the client, leads to long nights. The good news is that (1) the clients are wonderful and always appreciate your hard work and (2) the company really believes in a work-life balance. If you work really hard one night, you will be encouraged to leave early later in the week, everyone is looking out for your well-being (mentally and physically).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, you are creating something really special. I'm honored to be a member of your team.

Other Employee Reviews for Sendero

1. "Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing people
    - Great culture
    - Leadership goes above and beyond
    - Growth potential
    - Employee focused
    - Good reputation

Cons

Opportunities:
    - Improve formal training
    - Maintain track of the consultants that are constantly driving +45 mins to a client's site, and rotate each individual to projects that require this level of driving

Advice to Management

Refer to opportunities (Cons).

Sendero Response

Apr 17, 2017 – Recruiting Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're so glad you've experienced that pros that you shared in your first year with us. We will continue to be employee focused so that the other elements ... More

2. "Challenging Work with Supportive Leaders"

Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sendero is an extremely supportive yet challenging environment. I enjoy getting experience at multiple clients, with the support of a consulting firm helping me obtain the necessary information to succeed. The fact that it's a small company also allows each employee to get a lot of hands on experience.

Cons

As we rapidly grow, it's difficult to assess what traditions are part of the culture, and what we have outgrown, but our leadership actively works on this issue.

Sendero Response

Mar 8, 2017 – Recruiting Specialist

Thanks for the review! We're glad to hear that the experiences you've had the opportunity to work on have been challenging but fulfilling. We welcome your feedback as we continue to grow. We want to ... More