Sendero - An Outstanding, Rewarding, and Challenging Experience with Top-Notch People and Culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sendero

"An Outstanding, Rewarding, and Challenging Experience with Top-Notch People and Culture"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have found that Sendero really lives up to all that it promised me while I was going through the interview process. They hire exceptional people, have interesting/challenging work across multiple industries and service lines, provide excellent work life balance, have inspiring leadership and managers, encourage creativity and new ideas, and provide a lot of responsibility to new joiners. It is exciting to be a part of a growing and successful company.

Cons

With it being a smaller company, the in-house training is not as big and developed as larger companies.

Jul 30, 2014 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello there! Thanks for the review and feedback. We are thrilled to hear that Sendero is meeting your expectations; we hold our commitments and our people in the highest regard. That commitment fuels... More

Other Employee Reviews for Sendero

"Outstanding People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time

Pros

Great people who are capable and a pleasure to work with. Work-life balance is the best you can have while working in the consulting industry. Leadership genuinely cares about each employee. Career Advocate (mentorship) program is extremely beneficial and provides an avenue for suggestions, questions, and concerns. Young and dynamic atmosphere - get to participate in building key company infrastructure. Opportunity to develop close relationships with experienced professionals, all the way up to the Partner level. Challenging work.

Cons

Benefits are moderate.Being that it is a growing company, some large firm perks are not there (yet!). Expectation to drive around metroplex to work at client sites (better than the consulting norm of traveling by plane on a weekly basis). Work can be stressful, but I believe that is resulting from the nature of consulting-not Sendero.

Advice to Management

Never sacrifice recruiting standards and employee expectations. Our commitment to making sure each new team member is a fit and then continues to represent Sendero's brand and core values is what makes us unique. Thanks for everything you do!

Jul 30, 2014 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello and thank you for your feedback! We agree that high standards are key to maintaining our effectiveness and culture. We will continue to keep the bar high!
    One of the greatest benefits we... More

2. "Supportive environment and excellent culture--ideal for personal development"

Current Employee - Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Sendero full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part about working for Sendero is the support system. New hires are supported by peers and an internal mentoring program which focuses on long-term personal growth and development. The work environment truly is collaborative and not adversarial at all--you're not competing against your fellow associates for 'partner track' as with large firms. Sendero has a genuine commitment to its people and shared success. These values are embodied in the executive leadership of the firm who are accessible, transparent and inclusive. Finally, the firm is full of young and dynamic individuals who take an active role in shaping the future of the company.

Cons

If you want to jetset around the country for work and have expense checks larger than your paychecks, this is not the place for you. Sendero prides itself on civic engagement and establishing a local presence, meaning vast majority of work is in DFW (which is actually a draw for consultants tired of the travel).

Advice to Management

Excellent Model--Its amazing to me how accessible and forthright the executive leadership is at Sendero. Strategic objectives are shared with even entry-level staff from day 1 and they seek to develop personal relationships with each and every one of their employees.

Jul 30, 2014 – Recruiting Coordinator

Hello and thanks for the review! You’re correct that most of our work is located In DFW, and we agree that is a perk! Many of our consultants have lived the travel life, and we pride ourselves on the... More