Seneca Family of Agencies - Nothing but the BEST! | Glassdoor

"Nothing but the BEST!"

Current Employee - Program Director in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Program Director in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Seneca Family of Agencies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have had the opportunity to experience several of Seneca's programs and have been amazed every time. Each program offers its own unique spin on providing children and families with the most effective services possible, but all the programs were the same in that they housed intelligent, dedicated, giving staff who strive to provide the most efficacious service possible while always giving 110%. Seneca's broad scope of services allows families and children to be served that otherwise might not have been able to as they offer many services, including, but not limited to community based services, school services, psychiatric services, residential based services, crisis stabilization services, foster care services, and kinship services. I am humbled each and every day I go to work because I am surrounded by people who have dedicated themselves to supporting and working with some of the most under-served children and families in the community and it makes me proud to be able to give back to communities I grew up in, knowing they are getting the best quality of service possible when they receive services through Seneca! Seneca is the reason I am a better clinician and administrator as I have had several opportunities to grow and advance in my career, starting off as a clinician and now being a director.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons I have for Seneca Family of Agencies. Seneca Family of Agencies is an admirable, thoughtful, amazing agency.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you are doing in showing your employees that you value them.

Other Employee Reviews for Seneca Family of Agencies

1. "An exceptional organization"

Current Employee - Manager in San Leandro, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at Seneca Family of Agencies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Seneca Family of Agencies provides exceptional services to kids in need. I work in a school program and have watched many, many youths benefit from the services offered. There are also excellent opportunities for professional development amongst staff, and there is a culture of appreciation and support which makes it a great place to work. Definitely a great organization!

Cons

Working in direct care with clients can be emotionally and physically exhausting. There are many systems of support built in for staff, but nevertheless it can still be very hard work!

2. "I am grateful, honored and proud to be a part of this agency!"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Tustin, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Manager in Tustin, CA

I have been working at Seneca Family of Agencies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This agency has an inspirational mission statement that rings true in each of its departments and programs. The investment in quality improvement and qualified, happy staff all help make the already-amazing services even more extraordinary. Families and children come first above all else- they way it should be!

Seneca has a seasoned philosophy and works hard to make sure that they are growing with the times, technology, and most importantly, with the needs of the clients.

Seneca offers a wide variety of trainings to help professional therapists, teachers, and other staff develop their careers, and even earn CEU's. The agency also offers a scholarship program for staff who want to pursue higher education degrees or even learn another language, all of which contribute to even better services for the clients.

The culture at Seneca is remarkably fun and happy, despite the often serious and heavy daily struggles that go hand-in-hand with working with underserved populations and emotionally disturbed, at-risk youth. Because of the agency focus on self-care and support, as well as direct feedback, openness and levity, there is a decidedly healthy and functional environment for staff and clients to enjoy. It is so rare for a company this large to make its investment in the work so genuine and prevalent in each sector.

I love that Seneca has a tendency to promote from within. What a great opportunity to have been hired in the first place - on top of that, employees can look forward to steady growth and supportive supervisors!

Cons

Imagine if Seneca could become a nationwide agency and bring this amazing work to other parts of the country!

Advice to Management

Thank you and great work!