Senior Life Insurance Company - Good experience and start for NEW to insurance folks. Not so good for experienced and established agents. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Senior Life Insurance Company

"Good experience and start for NEW to insurance folks. Not so good for experienced and established agents."

Former Contractor - Career Agent in Grand Rapids, MI
Former Contractor - Career Agent in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Senior Life Insurance Company as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Okay commission level. Variety of lead sources available; TV, Ads, Mailers, Live-Transfers. Small company with personal service. Good for someone who is completely new and needs to learn about the insurance industry.

Cons

Company requires a $20.00 background check, $50.00 for all supplies and sales materials and the state appointment fee. You pay all lead costs with only a street level of 85%, 100% for "managers". Most companies pay these costs for you and pay a higher commission structure. They show no industry rating, such as "A" or "B".

Advice to Management

Please be up front about your commission structure, lead costs and pertinent details. Do not promise people "life changes" when your structure is no better than most local small agencies. If you want to sell, you better get industry rated.

Other Employee Reviews for Senior Life Insurance Company

"Starting up is a slow process"

Former Employee - Agent in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Agent in Ocala, FL

I worked at Senior Life Insurance Company part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of the highest paid commissions and renewals.

Cons

Given the run around on a few occasions.

2. "Outstanding Company and Leadership"

Current Employee - Regional Director
    Current Employee - Regional Director

I have been working at Senior Life Insurance Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I first contracted with Senior Life 13 years ago as a part-timer. I went full-time about 1 year ago and it is been an great experience.

The Home Office support is very good and the leadership from the Powell's and my RVP Charlie Speller has been more that I could have asked for. They provide all the support that one needs to succeed. You have to supply your work ethic and the formula works. It's a proven system. DP

Cons

I don't have any Cons to note. I have seen constant progress from the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.