Sentinel Real Estate Corp. - Corporate is out of touch! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sentinel Real Estate Corp.

"Corporate is out of touch!"

Pros

Pay is fair, hours are set, decent time off package.

Cons

Sentinel corporate office and upper management is completely disconnected from the reality of onsite property management and what it entails daily. Most of corporate has never worked on a property before so they don't understand! There's a lack of respect towards employees that stems from the upper management, the way they speak and treat people when upset is demeaning, shaming tactics, rude and domineering in order for upper management to cover their tracks so they don't get in the line of fire. When the owner John Streiker was president the company was great, he spoke to you like a human being but when he stepped down and the new president took office it's been downhill over the years. It's really a shame since they have so many experienced and intelligent individuals working for them.

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff working at your properties, while we may not understand the big picture of the investment and porfolios we are handling your multi-million dollar communities and we want to improve things. Please stop treating us like we have no common sense, a little respect goes a long way for better employee performance. Theres a reason why your long term employees and managers are leaving!

Other Employee Reviews for Sentinel Real Estate Corp.

"Out of the Loop"

Current Employee - Leasing
    Current Employee - Leasing

Pros

If you are the paperwork, detail oriented type of person, this is a good fit.

Cons

Paperwork
    Uniforms
    No training offered
    Advancement is limited
    Pay is marginal
    Cold management
    Rank before intelligence
    Not family friendly

Advice to Management

When acquiring a property, the takeover should be a smooth process, not a train wreck.
    Poor poor communication.

"Wish I had found this site before working there!"

Pros

The leasing office and maintenance staff were great to work with. The property was well kept and beautiful. Resident's like no other. They are the best.

Cons

- Work load was absolutely horrendus. This is mainly because you have SO much paperwork.
    - DM and Corporate come up with new policies...DAILY. They are lterally ridiculous!
    - Was talked to and looked at like I was stupid. They did not care what I thought or how well I knew my property.
    - Even though the property and financials were the very best they had been since the property was built, no one ever told me I was doing a great job.
    -If you work for this company, be prepared to leave you life behind. To be successful, you will have to be away from you family most of the time. This job will have to be your life.
    -If you have worked there for several years, it is apparent that you are in the "in crowd". Trust me it is just as childish as it sounds. Newbies, you may make friends but it won't be easy.

Advice to Management

Your employers are the reason that you all have jobs. Treat them like human beings.