Sephora - FUN!! | Glassdoor

"FUN!!"

Current Employee - Color Consultant in Burlington, MA
Current Employee - Color Consultant in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Sephora part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gratis, Making Bonus, learning about new products, being the first to try new products, making people feel better about themselves!

Cons

Some clients have bad days, and take it out on us. :/ thats about it.

Other Employee Reviews for Sephora

"fun place to work"

Former Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Sephora part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked during the holiday season so it was fast-paced but I found it fun nonetheless. Best retail job I have had. They are dedicated to informing employees of new products and application techniques.Add that to the employee discount and it was worth working there for a season.

Cons

Being on-call most of the season was difficult to plan ahead but understandable considering its seasonal. That was the only con I found with the store.

Advice to Management

I didnt have any problems with any employees or upper management other than for someone that is new to the store, changing directors every few hours is great, but difficult to follow when being given different directions from multiple people.

"The client always comes first!"

Current Employee - Cast Member in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Cast Member in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sephora part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1.Values based company(work life balance, teamwork, passion for clients, initiative, etc)
    2. Gratis
    3. Company invests thousands of dollars in your development( training that includes airfare,meal and hotel accommodations if traveling)
    4. Fun environment where the majority of fellow teammates are very vested in sephora's culture.
    5. Lot's of growth potential from leadership, educator roles, and PRO Team.
    6. You don't have to be licensed to work at Sephora as long as you are passionate about learning! You learn so much from experience and client interactions! There is NO WAY that as a makeup artist in school that you would have the opportunity to work on 60+ faces a day! Plus with different skin tones, concerns, shapes, etc.
    7. Perfect for product junkies that just want to play with new products, experiment with colors, and SECRETLY shop while working on clients........ all day long! ;)
    8. NON COMMISSION based. Team goals and bonuses. Monthly sales bonus and quarterly service bonuses. The highest level in sales bonus is like 25% of your gross monthly income!

Cons

Every store is different. Make sure that the store you are looking to get hired at has a solid team. ESPECIALLY the leadership team. The leadership team you work with could make or break your experience with the company. Become a frequent client before applying at the location. Maybe set up a makeup appointment to have your makeup done so you can hash it up with the makeup artists about how they like their job. Talk to more than one person about it. There is always someone that is a bad egg on THEIR way out so their opinion may not be the ONLY one you want.