Sephora - Best Job I’ve ever had | Glassdoor

"Best Job I’ve ever had"

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Sephora part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get tons of free products to try and give your honest opinion to customers. My coworkers are very uplifting and want everyone to be confident in what they’re doing instead of like working at other places where people are always putting you down. You do get to play with makeup and really feel like you’re making a difference, educating customers on what’s best for them and how to use products! At least I feel that way. It is a very close and fun environment with different makeup events such as celebrating pride by wearing rainbow makeup or Halloween by your best spooky looks. My managers have always been very flexible working with my needs and schedule, and I like everyone I work with! (I work at Sephora in JCP). Also I have heard that there are employee evaluations every spring, and everyone is likely to get a raise. The job pays well for starting off (as a younger person), and I also hear that every month that the team meets goal, we all get bonuses!

Cons

Sometimes keeping up with making sure all of the tiny products and multiple shelves are dusted and kept clean can be difficult, but if that’s all I have to worry about then I’m not complaining. Also, my Sephora in JCP just stopped doing the custom makeovers, which I would’ve loved to have done! We just do the minis now.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! I love Sephora even more now that I work for them. I just wish I could do custom makeovers for people.

Sephora2019-07-15
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Distribution Analyst

I have been working at Sephora full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great support for learning and improvement

Cons

-higher pay would be great

Sephora2020-01-16
  2. "Lots of fun - many opportunities"

Former Employee - Store Director in Denver, CO

I worked at Sephora full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are tons of opportunities for a person who is willing to put in extra effort. The company is very good at training exempt level employees and help develop to be ready for next steps.

Cons

Mid-level store management tend to get overlooked for development and end up working the more difficult hours - which can cause a lot of turnover.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee development, but add mid-level key holders to this training.

Sephora2020-01-18

Discover more reviews about Sephora.