Cover image for Sephora

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Sephora is the best company I have ever worked for

Dec 20, 2021 - Color Consultant in Honolulu, HI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun environment educational great values Educational Great valu Family Helping clients

Cons

No cons for me I my job

Continue reading
    14 people found this review helpful

Sephora Response

Thank you for your review. We're glad you're enjoying so many aspects of working at Sephora! If you ever do have suggestions or advice on how we can make Sephora an even better place to work, please don't hesitate to reach out to your manager or provide feedback on one our internal surveys. Our best ideas come from our employees, and we appreciate it!

1. 5.0
    Current Contractor

Great place to work, especially if you like makeup and self care

Dec 28, 2022 - Beauty Advisor in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

great workplace decent pay for retail

Cons

depends on if you work with nice people

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love my location!

Oct 25, 2022 - Beauty Advisor in Santa Clara, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

At me specific location management is solid. The rest of the leadership/team is amazing as well. We all get along quite well which I’m assuming may not be the norm. Our team is incredibly diverse and inclusive which is a true testament to what Sephora stands for. Even as Beauty Advisors we are valued and often told so. Every few months we have a “touch base” with leadership/management which I appreciate. They let us know the areas we are doing well and we discuss (together) some areas we think we can continue to develop and how. It’s encouraging not deflating. People work for people and when you feel valued that’s not only how you retain your employees but how you get them to bring their best selves to the table each and everyday.

Cons

I am new to retail so aspects of it can be grueling. Catering to customers (especially ones that want you to be their personal shopper for an extended period of time), the odd hours and our specific store needs to be cleaned every night. Contrary to what people might think, retail is not easy. There is a ton of product knowledge to know. We do have brand training but it does take some time to fully grasp what we have in store, what ingredients are in specific products and how that is going to help the client. People come in wanting help with all kinds of skin conditions but we are not dermatologists we can only provide them the basics of what we know. It’s a challenge that I do love though as I love skincare and also belong our clients feel their best. It’s a win for everyone.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Sephora.

Sephora Careers

Cover image for Sephora

There’s a reason people refer to our stores as their “happy place.” At Sephora, every stroke, swipe, and dab reveals possibility. As part...More

• Corporate (FSC)
  • Distribution
  • Benefits
  • National Hiring Week

Sephora Photos