Sequel Youth & Family - Sequel Transitional Academy In Violation of Constitutional Rights | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sequel Youth & Family

"Sequel Transitional Academy In Violation of Constitutional Rights"

Pros

To enhance the lives of others. To help others.

Cons

Staff is immature and unprofessional. Staff and workers are in violation of the human rights and the constitutional rights of the people on DOC whom they are supposed to be helping.

Advice to Management

Get out of South Dakota.

Other Employee Reviews for Sequel Youth & Family

"Rewarding job personally, but the company doesn't care"

Current Employee - Youth Care Worker in Owens Cross Roads, AL
    Current Employee - Youth Care Worker in Owens Cross Roads, AL

I have been working at Sequel Youth & Family full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with and changing the lives of underprivileged troubled teens.

Cons

Bad Pay, immature staff, immature management.

Advice to Management

Value your employees to maintain staff. Value the ones even more who choose to stay, Especially those who put in extra hours to cover when staffing is low. Night shift should have differential pay, and there should be pay raises. Most people here who have been here more than a year has not seen any raise in pay. There are people who have been making the same wage for years. Some of the new hires are getting paid than some of the supervisors. There is no consistency in the program, and the residents are not getting what they need. Most staff members have at least a bachelors. And they pay us 9.50 an hour. Most of us start off with the promise of better pay with time. Then you get hooked in to the job, because you care about the residents and want to help them. We are all in this business to help others, and all of us have big hearts for these kids. We sacrifice for the residents, and company, but get nothing in return. The management is horrible, and head admin is clueless.

"Worst company ever"

I worked at Sequel Youth & Family full-time

Pros

some of the students were very nice and some of the staff. I felt sorry for most of them. Stuck in this kind of backwoods run down shack with no true direction.

Cons

Too many chiefs and not even enough Indians. The corporate staff think they rule over each location, then the location directors think they rule over corporate. Was told contradicting things to do and I was caught in middle then blamed for it. It is a paperwork nightmare. They are stuck in the 50's with their paperwork anD process. Actually there was no process...I literally ran around like a chicken with its head cut off. I was treated like a secretary when I was the ONLY Degreed Human Resources manager. No one wanted to listen about organizing and wanted to do their own thing. The "records room" was a disaster with mice infestation. The children were treated poorly and was many outbreaks of bedbugs. Disgusting! lease don't work here or send your child here.

Advice to Management

Revamp the small locations and shut them down or start with brand new staff that have the experience, knowledge an education to run a facility. Train everyone with same process concept.