Sequoia - Love my team and it's a great place to get into the Benefits/HR Industry | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sequoia

"Love my team and it's a great place to get into the Benefits/HR Industry"

I have been working at Sequoia full-time

Pros

For someone looking to get into the HR/Benefits world, Sequoia was an excellent fit. They really invest in employees who are looking to grow their benefits experience and knowledge. I have learned an incredible amount not only in regards to benefits and HR, but also project management. This is because Sequoia trusts its team members to take on new projects and really develop their skills. Some of my coworkers who joined the team with little benefits background have expressed similar experiences. I feel like I made the right choice not only because I am learning and growing every day, but also because I have the opportunity to really develop my career here.

I also love the people at Sequoia. My coworkers are friendly, fun, and always willing to come through for you when you need help. I can't think of any other job I've had where coworkers have been so dedicated to helping out their teammates. My department team has especially become tight-knit, but I see great chemistry on the other teams as well.

Cons

Like any company, we have faced some challenges as we grow and scale as a company. We've been really focused on hiring enough people to keep up with our growth, but it's been a slower hiring process than we'd like since we haven't had a permanent recruiter. We finally just hired a recruiter, so I think this won't be as much of an issue going forward.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to please keep focusing on quality hiring for Sequoia. We've recruited a few people in the past months, but we can't slow hiring down yet if we expect continued growth as a company.

Other Employee Reviews for Sequoia

"Great company, great culture, great Management!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Sequoia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing very fast and making the right investments in Technology and Solutions. The teams are very motivated and dedicated towards making Sequoia a competetive and fun place to work. The Technology team is very smart and collabortaive and are making some really awesome software solutions to make everybody's day so much more efficient.

Cons

Lot of initiatives and lot of competing responsibilities to make them exceed expectations. It does get a little overwhelming at times but challenges are the best part of the day.

Advice to Management

Management is very supportive of the teams and is very approachable.

2. "Great energy, rapidly growing offices in both CA and NY"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Sequoia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Speaking to the NY office, the amount of energy in this office is overwhelming. We have such a fantastic team here, everyone is willing to learn and pitch in where needed to expand our office and more importantly come through for clients. The amount of innovative ideas we have in here is incredible. I really enjoy coming into work each day. We work hard and we have a lot of fun while doing so.

Cons

Our NY office is currently much smaller than the CA offices, so there's a different dynamic between the three offices (two in CA, one in NY). The NY office definitely has more of a "startup" feel than headquarters in San Mateo and our PEO division in CA. Also, we need more set processes in place. I know Sequoia is actively working on this, but once we have these rolled out to all sectors of the company I think the inefficiencies we tend to find will be resolved.

Advice to Management

There should be more clarity around the bonus structure and what to expect.