Sequoia - Sequoia is a place that fosters growth, learning and development, team engagement and fun, an amazing experience! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sequoia

"Sequoia is a place that fosters growth, learning and development, team engagement and fun, an amazing experience!"

Current Employee - Client Services in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Client Services in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Sequoia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very people focused and I mean both coming through for the client as well as the team. Sequoia has an environment where everyone takes accountability, are able to see the results of their work and are acknowledged well for it. I've never been on a team that works so well together and is so innovative. Everyone is encouraged to share their ideas Its so refreshing and energizing!! Everyone delivers and is there for each other. We all work hard, play hard and truly care for our clients and the team. I get to work with some fantastic clients and team members.

Cons

Very fast growing and with that comes challenges that we need to overcome like investing time and effort to systematize processes etc. But this does create a lot of good opportunity for new ideas and creativity.

Other Employee Reviews for Sequoia

"I've truly enjoyed the day-to-day challenges and positive work environment here at Sequoia."

Current Employee - Employee Advocate in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Employee Advocate in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Sequoia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Sequoia gives its employees the ability to operate as true individuals, but always with a focus on the organizations goals commitment to its clients.

- Co workers take a genuine interest in who you are! And the employees here are people you WANT to surround yourself with!

- Sequoia offers growth opportunity for those interested in it.

- The clientele that Sequoia supports are some of the most interesting and innovative in the area!

- Sequoia offers a wonderful benefits package to its employees, highly competitive salary, and the location is perfect.

Cons

- The rapid growth of the company has definitely outpaced some of the business technology systems used on a daily basis. With that in mind, however; Sequoia continues to invest in researching and finding the right technology to help us manage the increasing work flow associated with our rapid growth and success.

Advice to Management

I hope that even as the company continues to grow, management will continue taking a vested interest in the well being of its employees. The fact that Sequoia still celebrates all birthdays, weddings, engagements, professional achievements, and internal department successes is so awesome!

"I have found my home"

I have been working at Sequoia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sequoia is my extended family. I feel safe, supported and encouraged to grow both personally and professionally. The company prides itself on coming through for people. This is apparent in the actions taken for clients but also employees. I feel appreciated for the work that I do and have more perks here than companies I have been at in the past. The leadership team is strong, thoughtful, innovative and always open to feedback from employees. I have seen changes made as a result of employee feedback. As the company has grown, opportunities for career advancement have opened. This is encouraging for me as the company continues to expand. To me, the work that is done is meaningful and has an impact on those around us. I will be here for a very, very long time…

Oh and- we work with awesome clients!

Cons

With growth there have been some growing pains. Systems and process are good but can be improved. For those who are very structured and adverse to change- this may not be the best environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees and make changes where needed. Focus on hiring good people who mesh with our culture.