Serino Coyne - Never a dull moment. | Glassdoor

"Never a dull moment."

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible sense of community and a diversity of personality and experience amongst the staff. I genuinely love coming to work and I always feel appreciated.

Cons

I'll let you know when I find one.

Serino Coyne Response

May 4, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

….as a relatively “new” employee, we’re glad to know you’re having a positive experience….thank you for sharing….

Other Employee Reviews for Serino Coyne

1. "Job Shadow"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

I was fortunate enough to job shadow at Serino Coyne during my college spring break. As someone interested in theatrical marketing and advertising, the experience was nothing but positive and engaging. I was able to job shadow team members from digital and traditional marketing, account management and talk to the director of human resources. The team was so welcoming and genuine, it was nothing but a positive experience. They were genuinely interested in sharing their experience with someone interested in working in the industry and the collaborative and supportive work environment is somewhere where I would love the opportunity to work. It is clear from my time spent with the team that they are passionate about their careers promoting the performing arts.

Cons

The experience was so positive, I wish it could have been longer!

2. "Come because you want the job. Stay because of the people."

I have been working at Serino Coyne full-time

Pros

- The work itself is very interesting and satisfying.
    - Great experience to have for any future advertising jobs.
    - Bagel Fridays and Fruit Tuesdays are also nice.
    - Drinks every other Friday is even better.
    - The environment is as relaxed as a fast paced ad agency can be.
    - Some summers we have picnics - weather permitting.
    - Great Holiday Parties.
    - School sessions are a nice way to spend an hour learning about something new.
    - Food options for good prices in our employee lounge area.
    - Very inclusive of all genders/orientations/nationalities, etc.
    - Interesting side projects within the agency to get involved in.
    - Relaxed dress code.
    - Our Summer Friday situation cannot be beat and the company is great with giving lots of paid time off.
    - I laugh at least four times a day.

I've met some of the most amazing, creative and talented people here. It's the friendships and family feel that make me want to come to work everyday. I genuinely care about the people that work here. Supporting each other makes working together, easy.

Cons

Management is really investing time and energy to care about their employees and their opinions, which is recognized and appreciated. Having said that, here are a few things that I'd like to see improved:

- Clear career paths for individuals to advance as they continue to grow at SC.
    - Job descriptions provided for all positions, to clearly define role responsibilities.
    - An explanation of how salaries are determined that goes beyond citing the "4As".
    - Regular yearly reviews & consideration of cost of living raises.
    - A more collaborative working environment, especially between departments.
    - Better communication from managers to employees to ensure they have everything that they need to succeed.

- Better work/life balance. Many people here are overextended - especially those in junior roles.
    - Seating can be an issue - but the space does dictate those problems to an extent. Without a major construction of the space, there is only so much that can be done to be fair to everyone.
    - Fairness with perks. For example, theater tickets will sometimes be handed out to high level employees in pairs, (even if they do not work on that project) and lower level employees will not be given a ticket. Perhaps everyone can receive one ticket so that everyone can go. Lets make it less about popularity and more about fairness!

Advice to Management

Instead of trying to assume what our problems are or what we need, ask us and allow us to be part of the brainstorm to get to the solution. Seek out and value the thoughts and opinions of people in junior roles more.

Serino Coyne Response

Mar 31, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to give us your thoughts on your experience. You've outlined many opportunities where we can improve, thank you so much! I will work with the team to address these valid... More