Server Technology - STI has growing pains | Glassdoor

"STI has growing pains"

Current Employee - Senior Embedded Engineer in Reno, NV
Current Employee - Senior Embedded Engineer in Reno, NV

Pros

Server technology is good to work with in the fact that you can have a dramatic impact on the product and company. Ownership are good business people and are very sales-centric, which results in double digit increases in revenues year over year even in a bad economy.

Cons

Because its a small company, there are still a lot of growing pains occuring. Things are tough for the engineers in the way that the company is very sales-centric. They pride themselves on being fast to react to a customer's needs. That is fine, but that is reactionary. Instead, they need to have better marketing and market knowledge and be ahead of the curve. This puts a lot of pressure on the engineering staff to make product fast and make it perfect the first time. Then, you hear about how everybody needs to do more. It just rubs the wrong way when you work hard and don't get recognized for the work.

Advice to Management

Please be realistic in projects, communicate better, plan better and be fair about giving credit where credit is due to employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Server Technology

1. "Great Company to Work For"

Pros

I loved working for Server Technology. First, the people were fantastic. The management knew what they were doing and made me feel at home and part of the team. I loved going in to work to see all of the friendly faces whether in my department or not. Second, there were plenty of advancement opportunities. Whenever I felt that I needed more responsibilities I was able to take on more. I was also promoted in the company and received a raise when I was there. Third, the company offers a lot of fun events and even brings in food for the employees at least once a month.

Cons

I don't have a con about working for Server Technology. It was really a good company to work for when I was there.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to continue to let people go their way, but keep an eye to make sure they don't stray too far from the strategic plan.

2. "Its a job"

I have been working at Server Technology full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Talk about change, but nothing actually changes

Advice to Management

Listen to what the staff and to say, they do the work, they know what they need.