Service Corporation International - SCI Is Made Up of Great People Who Work to Make Lives Better | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Service Corporation International

"SCI Is Made Up of Great People Who Work to Make Lives Better"

Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Service Corporation International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SCI is a company aimed at making lives better. The people who work for the company, especially those in the field (ie, funeral homes, cemeteries), are compassionate and provide good feedback on services provided. I didn't realize when I took the job with SCI that I would consistently receive good feedback from my peers and my internal customers (field associates). I also believe my ethics are upheld by this corporation, not only through the company's core values, but through our practice and messaging.

Cons

Communication within the company could be improved (ie, structure, resources, etc). I am still a bit confused as to how the field (ie, funeral homes, cemeteries) is structured. The intranet is useful but difficult to use. I don't use most of the links and applications within the intranet because they are not described well on their landing pages and/or I don't know where to find what I am looking for.

Advice to Management

Communicate how the company is structured and what resources are available internally to new hires. Create a guide to the company's intranet that is easily found on the intranet's homepage. Rename markets to better reflect the geographic regions they represent. The arbitrary names are difficult to discern to corporate associates or associates in other markets in other states.

Other Employee Reviews for Service Corporation International

"Good co-workers; possibly the worst company I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - Family Service Counselor in Davie, FL
    Former Employee - Family Service Counselor in Davie, FL

I worked at Service Corporation International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting with families in their time of need is an extraordinary privilege.

Cons

This publicly-owned company does everything it can to take compensation away from its employees. There is no longer even the base hourly pay, just a draw against commissions, which aren't easy to make, and are constantly diminished. Changing criteria for defining an "imminent" contract is just one example. A company proud of its "Dignity" brand doesn't seem to know the meaning of that word where its employees are concerned.

Advice to Management

Treat the hard-working employees as if they are worth something.

"Too much overtime"

Current Employee - Senior Tax Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Tax Analyst in Houston, TX

Pros

You will get a lot hand-ons expirience

Cons

Their work expectations are more than one can handle. They take advantage when it comes to overtime. Make you work endless hours..

Advice to Management

Value your employees and their time.