ServiceLink - Overall, my experience was very good, especially the first four years. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ServiceLink

"Overall, my experience was very good, especially the first four years."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moon Township, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moon Township, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When I started, it was an enjoyable place to work. It was kinda laid back but the work was completed and accurate.

Cons

More and more, the job was getting micro-managed and performance was determined by ticket closure and not the quality of the work.

Other Employee Reviews for ServiceLink

"Horrible job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All the coffee, tea and hot chocolate you can drink. Friendly coworkers. Food and snack days are nice.

Cons

Very chaotic work environment. I started in one position and ended up changing to a different one about 3 weeks later. In this new position I literally did not know what my job responsibilities were when I walked in the door every morning.

Poor pay for the amount of work. I was told $11 per hour and then it changed to $9 an hour when the job offer was made.

Too much work because management gives clients unrealistic turn around times. This makes it extremely hard for abstractors, state reps, clerical and order assignors.

Vision crashes all the time and management will make employees stay 1-2 hours late to make up for lost time. They do not care that you have a family and other obligations outside work, and they go home at their normal time.

Promotions are based on politics rather than talent and the company does not provide adequate training for new management. This leads to a lot of mistakes, finger pointing, and resentment in the company.

When policy changes are made don't expect anyone to know what's going on. On manager will tell you to keep doing it the old way, another will yell at you for not doing it the new way.

Very high turnover because they will literally take anyone. I saw a lot of people go through one or two days of training and not continue with the company.

Advice to Management

Please stop moving the departments all the time, it's costing the company productivity. Please do actual work and promote people based on talent not politics. And please change the system from vision to something that doesn't crash every day. And if you're going to demand your employees work 6-7 days a week you can pay them a decent wage.

"It all depends on your manager"

Former Employee - Title Clearance/Closing Coordinator/Team Lead in Aliquippa, PA

I worked at ServiceLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some nice people. Decent perks there. special events often.

Cons

The managers have so much control there that if you get a bad one, you're screwed.
    I had both when I wokred there and left because of a HORRIBLE one. She treated her teams completely different and played favorites.
    Also, the only way your work is measured is by numbers. If you make your numbers you're good. If you don't they think you can't possibly be working. It's frustrating. they hire too many young kids that don't give a rip just because they have computer skills. The older more responsible people are always left cleaning up the mess.

Advice to Management

Find a way to be able to measure work other than by the number of files you can spit out in a day.
    Hire better quality of employee.