ServiceNow - A fast paced company with huge potential and peronal boundless opportunity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ServiceNow

"A fast paced company with huge potential and peronal boundless opportunity"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Software Developer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An environment that fosters employee ideas and creativity.

Overall product is innovative and has a massive potential market.

Excellent salary, bonuses, and benefits.

Transitioning to better more modern software technologies (Angular, Mongo, etc.).

Cons

Somewhat of a "Good ol' boys" club that exists for people that have been with the company...kind of unavoidable.

The overall product is innovative but some of the specific technologies used are archaic... single tenant SaaS architecture is expensive and lagging behind the competition.

Dont even get me started with Jelly.

Advice to Management

Dont get stuck on old but "proven" technology... have a more open mind to new ideas and paradigms. Overall however, keep doing what you're doing!

Other Employee Reviews for ServiceNow

"Creating the future"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We're medium-sized and growing. There are lots of ways to contribute, and the company is open to all sorts of input and contribution. We want a great culture but aren't sure how to build it- SO much better than arrogant companies that sweep the politics under the rugs. We want great software and are keenly aware that "best practices" of today aren't sufficient to address the real-world challenges in creating software for tomorrow, nor do they mean are already-created software doesn't need improving.

We also have some great company-wide communication, from people at all levels of the organization. Come add your voice, and your camaraderie.

Cons

This is a real company with real challenges. It's not a place where you can simply do what you do well.

Advice to Management

Keep challenging yourselves to communicate more effectively, including creating new ways to listen to people. Often, we do not know you're listening. We don't know what's on your plates or what you're accountable for besides the business goals.

2. "A true assessment"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture - put up or shut up. ServiceNow is a transformational technology and the firm does not apologize about wanting drivers - those who are A players move up and fast. If are passionate about your wrok, the team and the product - you wil make make a lot of money and advance in your career. I have had 3 promotions in 2 1/2 years.

Cons

Not a place for the meek or those who just want to clock in/clock out. The people who rate company low were passengers and probably were not a good fit.

Advice to Management

Develop internal talent - hire the best and brightest from top schools. We need to preserve the culture we have built and bringing people with bad habits from outside can slowly break down the fabric that our success has been built upon.