ServiceNow - Creating the future | Glassdoor

"Creating the future"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We're medium-sized and growing. There are lots of ways to contribute, and the company is open to all sorts of input and contribution. We want a great culture but aren't sure how to build it- SO much better than arrogant companies that sweep the politics under the rugs. We want great software and are keenly aware that "best practices" of today aren't sufficient to address the real-world challenges in creating software for tomorrow, nor do they mean are already-created software doesn't need improving.

We also have some great company-wide communication, from people at all levels of the organization. Come add your voice, and your camaraderie.

Cons

This is a real company with real challenges. It's not a place where you can simply do what you do well.

Advice to Management

Keep challenging yourselves to communicate more effectively, including creating new ways to listen to people. Often, we do not know you're listening. We don't know what's on your plates or what you're accountable for besides the business goals.

Other Employee Reviews for ServiceNow

1. "A true assessment"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture - put up or shut up. ServiceNow is a transformational technology and the firm does not apologize about wanting drivers - those who are A players move up and fast. If are passionate about your wrok, the team and the product - you wil make make a lot of money and advance in your career. I have had 3 promotions in 2 1/2 years.

Cons

Not a place for the meek or those who just want to clock in/clock out. The people who rate company low were passengers and probably were not a good fit.

Advice to Management

Develop internal talent - hire the best and brightest from top schools. We need to preserve the culture we have built and bringing people with bad habits from outside can slowly break down the fabric that our success has been built upon.

"Surprising potential even post-IPO"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to see your vision become a reality, instead of getting stuck in committee at a bigger company.
    Focus on hard and challenging engineering problems that come with breakneck growth.
    Enough money to afford to make better decisions.
    Frank Slootman

Cons

Political, Schizophrenic Execs and Sr. leaders.
    Longer hours
    Focus on lowest common denominator (see other reviews of ex-employees), not the brightest stars.
    Data Domain/EMC good old boys club

Advice to Management

Promote, grow and reward from within. There is minimal incentive to perform post-hire. Reward consistent high performers, not people who succeed by cleaning up their own messes.