ServiceSource - Less than Spectacular | Glassdoor

"Less than Spectacular"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at ServiceSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere and liked many of the people I worked with. This job did provide some experience that lead to other, better paying opportunities.

Cons

Management at my location was about a 6 on a scale of 10. The typical problem of promotions going to the political players and not those bringing top results. Turnover seemed high to me, indicating a lack of long-term commitment to employees that could very well be highly productive if kept onboard.

Advice to Management

While you may have a fantastic salary and receive very nice bonuses, the high turnover and continual retraining of those interacting with clients is being noticed by your customers. It is my opinion that your bonuses could be better if you treated your employees better, which could result in higher customer retention and improved revenues.

Other Employee Reviews for ServiceSource

"How a fun startup went from a place where coworkers respected each other to not."

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ServiceSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a place where you gained sales experience in the tech industry.

Cons

Executives are discriminatory and not forthcoming, continually chipping away at the culture that had made it an attractive company for college graduates. They were openly hostile, demanding employees work unpaid overtime and threatened employment if employees did not willingly comply. They were also openly proud of the fact that they had frozen promotions and raises while in the same annual meeting speech saying "we are profiting in this economy".

The environment is a frat/sorority popularity contest and promotions are decided by peers. HR practices are incomplete, outdated and illegal.

2. "Good for College Grads, but All Depends on Which Company You're In..."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at ServiceSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ServiceSource is a third-party sales company working with several big name tech, software, and healthcare companies... they essentially take some of the easy administrative and sales functions away from these company employees and pay spanking new graduates a hefty sum to do them. Most positions start in the mid- $30,000's in addition to bonuses and commissions. Many people do very well at ServiceSource for the amount of work that is actually done. It is a very laid back working environment; most days, employees are able to dress casually. You can get away with much more in these offices than at any other office I've ever worked in... Most people thought of these as 'Pros:' taking naps under your desk, cursing at the top of your lungs, lots and lots of office parties including alcohol. And the working hours are typical M-F business hours.

Cons

Your experience really depends on which company you are working for. You need to understand that many of the employees you will interact with from the company are not happy that you are taking over part of their job. They can tell you are young and inexperienced, and they might be bitter. Next, all of your managers are very young. I say this is a bad thing because they really don't know what they're doing any more than you do. If you're the person with more professional job experience than your supervisor... let's just say it gets weird. I was bored most of the time, asking for more to do. For the first three months of employment, I did absolutely nothing. And you're basically a telemarketer. You get to wear a headset and follow a script, more or less.