ServiceSource - ServiceSource is a great place to start your career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ServiceSource

"ServiceSource is a great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Team Lead in San Francisco, CA

Pros

ServiceSource is a youthful and fun place to work. The employees in our San Francisco office tend to all be friends, and our frequent all-hands type activities strengthen our bond with each other. Compensation and benefits are competitive. The new office, built to be our corporate headquarters, is a great place to work. This company has a history of hiring talented people out of college and developing them through extensive ongoing training., making SSI a great place to begin your workplace experience.

Cons

Comp and benefits include only 15 annual PTO days, accrued 5 hours per pay period. I think that tenure and performance should factor into this calculation.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop our organization into a world-class workplace.

Other Employee Reviews for ServiceSource

"no comment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

no comment I haven't work there for a number of years

Cons

poor communications, people are not treated with respect, ideas are not cultivated or developed and the compensation packages are inferior.

Advice to Management

no comment I haven't work there for a number of years

"Be WARNED"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

Pros

One gets the expereince and partial insight of the growing IT market. Companies such as Novell, BEA, HP, Sun, F5, Oracle, Autodesk outsource their contract renewal business to Service source.
    the company has an alcohol consumption disoder and the benefits for acheiving quotas and beyond were capped/restricted and at times were weak. Who is really motivated to going to see the lousey, near last place SF Giants baseball game and a dinner at ACME chophouse. Lack of creativity is the expression that comes to mind when I think of that as being a motivational management strategy.
    I really am convinced that this company has mismanged the investments from the venture capital firms and wasted their opportunity to achieve true growth. It is true that the company does have an international call centers, but the effectivness and the reactive strategies from the U.S Directors, Managers and ideas from new VP's are poor and desperate.

Cons

Top down business model and all that gives lack of respect to sales representative. It felt like a sweatshop at times, especially during the EOQ and when managers and directors act pompous and really act plastic. They don't have true business intelligence, they are sexually biased, lack leadership and employ the most sinister communication. The company does not care about diversity, and treats employees as seatshop workers. The company has re defined the term outsourcing, and employed poor resource management especially when considering the fact that this company still relies on venture capital backing. The companies true identity is yet to be defined and it has an image problem that goes well beyond the internal and external marketing campaigns. Be careful when entering service source, behind the charm and the pompous talk lies a desperate company has terrible reactive managment and business intelligence.

Advice to Management

Diversify your portfolio and get better marketing capacity. the 1 +1 =3 does not cut it! the company has an alcohol consumption disoder and the benefits for acheiving quotas and beyond were capped/restricted and at times were weak. Lack of creativity is the expression that comes to mind when I think of that as being a motivational management strategy. The company has re defined the term outsourcing, and employed poor resource management especially when considering the fact that this company still relies on venture capital backing. The companies true identity is yet to be defined and it has an image problem that goes well beyond the internal and external marketing campaigns. Be careful when entering service source, behind the charm and the pompous talk lies a desperate company has terrible reactive managment and business intelligence.