Servpro Industries - Great for a start, good experience, but not valued as an employee. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Servpro Industries

"Great for a start, good experience, but not valued as an employee."

Former Employee - Technician in South Plainfield, NJ
Former Employee - Technician in South Plainfield, NJ

I worked at Servpro Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always stayed busy and had work, never saw a layoff occur.

Cons

Three owners all with different directions for business

Advice to Management

Have franchise owners have value in their production employees, too much emphasis on the sales team. Most resources dumped into sales, not into improving technician knowledge especially. Those new to industry.

Other Employee Reviews for Servpro Industries

"Don't be tempted by the starting salary. Don't move here. Run away!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gallatin, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gallatin, TN

I have been working at Servpro Industries full-time

Pros

Great co-workers. Starting pay is pretty good. Get experienced with new technologies.

Cons

Worst company politics I've ever seen. Very bureaucratic. Management issues galore. Poor planning and very reactionary. Poor benefits. Long hours. Policies are really outdated and need to be modernized. Internal recruiters lie to get people hired. Execs don't care about the quality of the software delivered as long as you hit the deadline.

Servpro Industries Response

Feb 27, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your comments. SERVPRO’s IT Department has grown by 50 employees and continues to grow commensurate with the company’s award-winning growth rate. With this growth we have enhanced IT ... More

"High anxiety environment"

Former Employee - Office Administrative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Office Administrative in Houston, TX

I worked at Servpro Industries part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible with my school schedule. Upper management gave really interesting seminars that were helpful to the company.

Cons

Small office with big drama. At the franchise I was located at, a lot of stress stemmed from upper management which manifested throughout the entire office. This often exuded a negative effect on majority of the employees. Ultimately, it was an uneasy work environment to be apart of (and I was only working as a part time admin). The management was also very manipulative and would often try turning other employees against each other by spreading nasty gossip and rumors. Again, this was only apparent at the franchise I was working at - the environment might have been different if I were at another location with different management.