Set and Service Resources - Merchandising is very fast paced & can be overwhelming at times if not for the amazing admin & schedulers there for you. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Set and Service Resources

"Merchandising is very fast paced & can be overwhelming at times if not for the amazing admin & schedulers there for you."

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Merchandiser in Houston, TX

I have been working at Set and Service Resources part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've enjoyed is seeing the other side of retail. It's really helped me hone my customer service skills taking it to a whole new level. I've always appreciated a tidy work station/ store and think that if sales associates were to take a little course it would really benefit them as well as the chain they work for.

Cons

The huge shift in schedules can be a bit rough. One day you work say 10 pm - 6am and then two days later your going in at 3 am, then 7 am, the change can be a good thing of course. It dies take some getting used to though!

Advice to Management

I think if management could find another way to implement clocking in so to speak as opposed to paper time sheets, which can prove difficult for some to fax in causing some delays with payroll it would benefit the company as well as employees. Then maybe trying a weekly payroll schedule instead of the two weeks once your paper time sheet is approved. The money is good once it starts coming in, you just really have to be patient as the first check can take 3-4 weeks.

Set and Service Resources Response

Aug 26, 2014 – CEO

Thanks for your response! We are actually working on the "Advice to Management. We should have some new announcements by the end of the year. Thanks for your work!

Other Employee Reviews for Set and Service Resources

"Walmart Gift Card and Candy Aisle Re-Set for RSS Impact"

Current Contractor - Independent Contractor for Merchandising Re-sets in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Set and Service Resources as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Always on time and fair compensation when work load is less than expected or advertised

Cons

Inefficient management prior to staff arrival

Advice to Management

Team leads should show up earlier and be prepared with proper materials for re-sets, or at the least obtained management's consent to provide help in securing these materials

2. "Pay on time but communication needs improvement."

Current Contractor - Merchandiser in Dallas, TX
    Current Contractor - Merchandiser in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Set and Service Resources as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay on time and you get 4 hours if team lead doesn't show.

Cons

First party companies cancellations don't get filtered to SASr fast enough.

Advice to Management

Need faster communications on cancellations or time start changes.