SevOne - The American Dream...but for real | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SevOne

"The American Dream...but for real"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Software Developer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at SevOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The American Dream doesn't hold the weight it used to. Before, a man/woman could move up to the top with hard work, determination, and a bit of cleverness. Now, those very same people are drowning in debt, distracted by pointless materialism, and generally discouraged from any sort of betterment of their lives through their craft...even, and especially, in certain sectors of the technological industry. This is NOT the case at SevOne. An intern can come in and with the aforementioned ideals, and work their way to a very very good position. SevOne rewards hard work, determination, and lots of cleverness, and they reward it well.

Other than that, the people here are the nicest and smartest people you could ever hope to meet. The environment might actually be better than the opportunity. Great company parties, everyone is constantly joking and having fun while they work. Open floor plan. You can't lose.

Cons

The only cons I've run into have to do with the type of frontend technology we use. It isn't bad, and it works well enough for what we do, however it leaves me wanting in terms of novelty. It's a very small con though. In some ways it's actualyl made me a much better developer.

Other Employee Reviews for SevOne

"Could not ask for a better place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at SevOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are not many companies that are growing as fast as SevOne while still able to maintain their identity as a close knit and fun place to work. SevOne somehow manages to do that. Seeing the company thrive in the relatively short time that I've been here has been almost as exciting as playing frisbee with one of its founders every Friday.

The people that work here are intelligent and good at what they do, but have no problem finding the time to play guitar during lunch breaks, or getting overly competitive with each other in Minecraft.

As far as the work itself, it can be challenging, but it is certainly rewarding as well. One of the benefits of being in a smaller company are all of the different projects that you get to work on, allowing you to get experience in many different facets of the company.

Cons

There isn't a ping pong table. Yet.

"Awesome Company To Work For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at SevOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SevOne is an amazing place to work. The atmosphere is great, and you can see how the unique culture is cultivated and supported at all levels. There is always something fun happening at the office. I love it! Honestly couldn't have been happier with the decision to join this company.

Cons

Have nothing negative to say about this company.