SevOne - Intern | Glassdoor

"Intern"

Former Intern - Systems Programmer Intern in Wilmington, DE
Former Intern - Systems Programmer Intern in Wilmington, DE

I worked at SevOne as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The world's most scalable performance monitoring platform
Growing very fast, many opportunities in the future.
Flexible working environment, nice dedicated colleagues.
Culture of awesome.

Cons

It is fairly hard to think of cons of SevOne...
Well sometimes there are too many meetings to attend.

Other Employee Reviews for SevOne

"I enjoy my job."

Current Employee - Support Team Lead in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Support Team Lead in Newark, DE

I have been working at SevOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Where to start? I started at this company with little to no knowledge about the product nor the technologies that it relies on. I now would consider myself an expert on them. The pay is great, the people are great, and there's generally a good vibe in the office. The customers we deal with are generally knowledgable and pleasant.
    What I really like about this job is that I learn something new every single day. I get handed opportunities to challenge myself with something I've never seen before on a regular basis. I get a sense of freedom here. I can sit and try my hand at debugging code if I'd like. There is never a boring day at SevOne, that's for sure.

The management's great too. I don't feel micromanaged. I get recognition when I do things well, and when I mess something up, it's explained clearly to me so I learn from it instead of just feeling bad. I've been here for almost one year and I've already been promoted up two positions! I feel like I'm an integral part of SevOne. You can't get that at a lot of places.

Cons

I had about no training when I was hired, but we are starting to make documentation and run training sessions. The new guys who came in recently have received at least some training, so that's alright.
    Sometimes it gets REALLY cold or really hot in the office.
    It gets a bit chaotic and beaurocratic at times. It seems like just growing pains for a new company.

Advice to Management

Keep doin what you're doin'. Don't let the growth mess it up.
    Also let's get a bigger Philly office and let me work there!

"Great for IT veterans and ambitious newbies alike."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at SevOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to learn something, every day, this is the place to be. The product is a bit monolithic and intimidating at first, but the talent pool here is outstanding, and there is no shortage of very friendly, patient and SMART people willing to help and give guidance.

Even veteran programmers will find challenges they most likely have never encountered before, and there are tons of opportunities to branch out and learn new things. They allow and encourage continuing education, even on the clock to a certain extent, and there are monthly 'co-hards' where you can work on personal programming projects.

As the company has grown, management opportunities are scaling linearly, so there are definitely opportunities as you grow in the company, if that's something you're interested in. There is still a very 'start up' atmosphere and it is a casual, relaxed and fun place to work (although I don't know everybody's names!).

Cons

We're getting better at this all the time, but a bit more formalized training process would be beneficial. It used to be 'read the manual', which was not very helpful (especially if you were new to networking technologies), but we've gotten some more standardized classes, and could use some more.

Advice to Management

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.