SevOne - Great work atmosphere, steep learning curve! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SevOne

"Great work atmosphere, steep learning curve!"

Current Intern - Systems Engineer in Wilmington, DE
Current Intern - Systems Engineer in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at SevOne as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Friendly atmosphere
-Awesome Culture
-No dress code
-Flexible hours (9-5, 10-6, 830-430)
-Supportive coworkers
-Plenty of opportunity
-Not too micromanaged
-Employee outings
-Approachable upper management
-Great outlook on future
-#33 on Forbes Most Promising Companies of 2014
-Employee appreciation

As long as you get your work done, great atmosphere with a fun group of coworkers.

Cons

-Lack of structured training makes your start a bit frustrating
-Sophisticated product
-Average pay for highly technical job

If you have never been in the Network Performance Management field, there is a bit of a learning curve for using the highly advanced SevOne appliance.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a more structured training program to allow people to transition into the job easier.

SevOne Response

Jun 4, 2014 – Recruitment Team

Thank you for your great feedback! Culture is extremely important to us and as we grow, we continue to focus on scaling our Culture of Awesome. We are addressing training and on-boarding to make... More

Other Employee Reviews for SevOne

"The Best Is Yet To Come!"

Current Employee - Sales - Account Manager in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Sales - Account Manager in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at SevOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great Team; a great environment; relaxed and friendly atmosphere; awesome opportunities for professional growth; the company recognizes initiative and offers sense of appreciation to the top performers. It makes me want to come to work in the morning.

Cons

The company is growing VERY RAPIDLY, and by introducing more structure, at times, it feels as if the bureaucratic machine may take over. The company must do everything possible to not let it happen and to preserve the unique culture that makes it so special.

Advice to Management

Don't let the bureaucratic machine take over as the company grows. Preserve the unique culture that makes our company special.

"From start-up to corporate"

I have been working at SevOne full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Flexibility
    - Decent benefits (some elementary stuff like Dental coverage is horrible though)
    - You can usually still get stuff done
    - Company events are a nice touch (bi-weekly lunches, free ice cream in the summer, etc)
    - Lots of perks for developer, fancy desks, lounges, etc
    - Promotions from within, but could be better, company needs to better recognize top performers

Cons

- Feels more like big company now
    - Loss of transparency (Senior Management used to be VERY approachable prior to the Series B investment, now it's like a secret society)
    - New owners (Lots of uncertainty about the direction of the company, many things are "happening", but nothing gets communicated, or gets communicated long after the fact)
    - New CEO slowly replacing existing management and bringing on his own crew
    - HR up until recently non-existent, hope this changes now. When people are let go or leave on their own for whatever reason, please communicate that to the entire company.
    - Some incompetency in various departments, no peer review process, only minimal top down
    - Too many cooks in the kitchen / too many Chiefs and no Indians at times

Advice to Management

Recognize the work that long standing employees have done to get you here, we stayed because we believed, now believe in us, too.