SevOne - Awesome place to work | Glassdoor

"Awesome place to work"

Former Intern - Quality Assurance in Wilmington, DE
Former Intern - Quality Assurance in Wilmington, DE

I worked at SevOne as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I started as an intern in the Quality Assurance department of the company and the moment I started to work here I felt like a equal and not like an intern. Everyone respected my opinion and did not look down upon what I said because I was an intern. The work environment is very relaxed and a great place to work because you can freely talk and bounce ideas off coworkers to figure out the best ways to implement the jobs you are working on. Also if you ever run into a problem there will always be somewhere there to help you out. Phill Ingram is a great resource and asset to the company because of his vast knowledge of technology and the company and he is always willing to drop what ever he is doing to help people out. He was a great person to work with because he always worked extremely hard and if you needed something he would get it done no matter what. During my internship I was able to experience working with many different technologies and the best part was that I felt like the work I was doing had an impact to the company and the the companies customers!

Cons

The only con is that I wish they gave a more in depth training program for new hires because the system is complex and hard to get to know at first so a training program would help new hires get better adjusted to the system!

Other Employee Reviews for SevOne

"Great work atmosphere, steep learning curve!"

Current Intern - Systems Engineer in Wilmington, DE
    Current Intern - Systems Engineer in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at SevOne as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Friendly atmosphere
    -Awesome Culture
    -No dress code
    -Flexible hours (9-5, 10-6, 830-430)
    -Supportive coworkers
    -Plenty of opportunity
    -Not too micromanaged
    -Employee outings
    -Approachable upper management
    -Great outlook on future
    -#33 on Forbes Most Promising Companies of 2014
    -Employee appreciation

As long as you get your work done, great atmosphere with a fun group of coworkers.

Cons

-Lack of structured training makes your start a bit frustrating
    -Sophisticated product
    -Average pay for highly technical job

If you have never been in the Network Performance Management field, there is a bit of a learning curve for using the highly advanced SevOne appliance.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a more structured training program to allow people to transition into the job easier.

SevOne Response

Jun 4, 2014 – Recruitment Team

Thank you for your great feedback! Culture is extremely important to us and as we grow, we continue to focus on scaling our Culture of Awesome. We are addressing training and on-boarding to make ... More

"The Best Is Yet To Come!"

Current Employee - Sales - Account Manager in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Sales - Account Manager in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at SevOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great Team; a great environment; relaxed and friendly atmosphere; awesome opportunities for professional growth; the company recognizes initiative and offers sense of appreciation to the top performers. It makes me want to come to work in the morning.

Cons

The company is growing VERY RAPIDLY, and by introducing more structure, at times, it feels as if the bureaucratic machine may take over. The company must do everything possible to not let it happen and to preserve the unique culture that makes it so special.

Advice to Management

Don't let the bureaucratic machine take over as the company grows. Preserve the unique culture that makes our company special.