ShaneCo - Good for retail, poor for work-life balance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ShaneCo

"Good for retail, poor for work-life balance."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ShaneCo full-time

Pros

The pay is excellent for retail. The training at Shane Co. is also a strong suit. New employees become acquainted quickly.

Cons

Leadership is constantly concerned with sales numbers, not much personal care. Seemingly a great "career choice" but it's easy to get burnt out with the hours, especially if you're in management. Only one opportunity for a raise a year.

Advice to Management

Pay your office associates the same as your sales staff, their jobs are just as hard. Your office associates have different skills, and it's not fair to pay them less. Stop being so concerned about numbers, care about your associates pay them fairly and focus on them having fun and the numbers will come around!

ShaneCo Response

Sep 17, 2014 – VP of Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to recommend us as an employer, thank you! We have recently changed how much focus we are putting on "the numbers" in our communication and agree that paying people ... More

Other Employee Reviews for ShaneCo

"They have a bad reputation in the job market for a reason."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I worked at ShaneCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wages in some departments are very competitive.

Cons

You will be used and abused. Your goals are not their concern. Little Advancement, and when it does happen it generally goes to someone unqualified. They have lots of unhappy employees and a very high rate of employee turnover. Never go to HR for help. They will throw you under the bus.

ShaneCo Response

Sep 17, 2014 – VP of Human Resources

We certainly do apologize you felt that way about your experience with our company and with HR in particular. We take compensation, advancement, and our general environment very seriously and have ... More

"Nice managers and employees but the hours are not the best."

Current Employee - Jeweler in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Jeweler in Nashville, TN

I have been working at ShaneCo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice, laid back Managers. There is a good team environment for the most part. Benefits are average.

Cons

Random schedule that impacts your life in a negative way. If you are married or have a family and want to spend time with them, this might not be the place for you. The retail schedule has no regularity and doesn't allow you to plan much. The schedule is the main complaint here. The jeweler expectations are not exactly what they said they would be. They tell you that you that the expectation is 2 jobs per hour, but in reality sometimes there expectation is four or five jobs per hour. They count pearl stringing as one job--even if it takes 4 hours. The 2 jobs an hour is just a monthly average. Sometimes there are 3-4 jobs in one, which still counts as one job.

Advice to Management

Give the jewelers a different schedule than the sales staff or let them make their own schedule. As long as the work is getting done that shouldn't be a problem. Jewelers used to make their own schedule and where much happier.