"Intern"

I worked at Share Our Strength

Pros

Easy going office and friendly staff

Cons

Bad for dieters because there is always food in the kitchen

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Amazing place to learn at a mission driven organization"

Former Intern - Corporate Partnerships Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Share Our Strength for less than a year

Pros

Ability to interact with different teams, leadership, and develop a variety of skill sets. A great glimpse into a well-functioning non-profit.

Cons

Hiring process took a long time.

"Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Share Our Strength full-time

Pros

I have the best job in the world. Powerful, mission-driven work with the kindest, smartest people I've ever worked with. Every day I feel so lucky to be a part of this phenomenal organization with so much integrity. It feels amazing to get up in the morning with the goal of helping to end childhood hunger. Leadership team is fantastic. So is the HR team - they really go above and beyond. My manager is wonderful and I love my team. Great work/life balance with flexibility to work remotely as needed. It makes a huge difference in my personal life. We get a whole week off at Christmas, which is also GREAT.

Cons

Monetary compensation is disappointing, BUT that's not surprising given we're a DC non-profit that needs to be frugal and make sure the money is getting to kids/sustainable solutions to end childhood hunger. I appreciate that the organization is so fiscally responsible but would love to see the low pay off-set by even better benefits/perks. Current benefits are generally pretty good but it would mean a lot to see a stronger maternity leave policy with more paid time off than just three months. 6 months maternity leave would be amazing, better align with our organizational values, and be much more competitive/attractive in a tight job market with unemployment at an all-time low. It would also help make up for the low pay. Once you hit the Senior Manager level, it seems to take many years before you get promoted (if at all), which is discouraging. But, again, if the benefits and work/life perks were amazing, it would be a trade-off I'd probably be totally fine making.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Share Our Strength.