Share Our Strength - Amazing staff! | Glassdoor
  1. "Amazing staff!"

Current Employee - Development Coordinator

I have been working at Share Our Strength full-time

Pros

The most inclusive, welcoming staff. So many fun activities and bonding opportunities.

Cons

Hard to move up

Share Our Strength2019-11-04

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Share Our Strength full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The organization has a great culture and work environment. Colleagues are fun, work is challenging but manageable, and the environment is positive and fun. You won’t be expected to work late hours or be available by email after you leave the office. There are a lot of fun events and team building activities.

Cons

Too much free food in the office makes it hard for people trying to diet or lose weight! Also salaries are very transparent, and while they are typical for nonprofits, I don’t feel at times they match the level of work expected for some positions. Growth opportunities are at the complete discretion of your manager making a case to HR, and if not, you’re out of luck. Internal promotion is not preferred.

Share Our Strength2019-09-22
  2. "Very rewarding and multifaceted job"

Former Employee - Bilingual Program Coordinator (Cooking Matters) in Boston, MA

I worked at Share Our Strength full-time for more than a year

Pros

Varied role- programming in the field, office admin, event management Supportive supervisors, no micromanagement Learned a lot about cooking, nutrition and grocery shopping Saw immediate impact of work with community participants

Cons

Not in a position to impact change in program Hard to bring in new ideas Little room for growth in small satellite office

Share Our Strength2019-10-16

Discover more reviews about Share Our Strength.