Shari's Restaurants - Shari's is a great company that cares for and supports their guests and employees at all levels. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Shari's Restaurants

"Shari's is a great company that cares for and supports their guests and employees at all levels."

Current Employee - General Manager in Gresham, OR
Current Employee - General Manager in Gresham, OR

I have been working at Shari's Restaurants full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Shari's goes out of their way to provide support, guidance, development opportunities and helps with setting goals and exceeding expectations. They are local, involved in communities and support local schools.

Cons

24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Always.

Advice to Management

The only thing I wish we had was vision insurance in addition to medical and dental.

Other Employee Reviews for Shari's Restaurants

1. "Family away from family."

Current Employee - General Manager in Twin Falls, ID
    Current Employee - General Manager in Twin Falls, ID

I have been working at Shari's Restaurants full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am in my 17th year of employment with Shari's. I have seen many changes that have strengthen the company's position in the market. The menu offers a wide selection from breakfast to dinner. About half of our staff has been here 4+ years. The company has a great training program in all areas of interest. I have seen people come and go over the years and those who have the vision to grasp the culture can have a very satisfying career.

Cons

I waited many years to be promoted due to low turnover in management in this area. Shari's managers work weekends and time off to spend with family is difficult even with adequate vacation and sick pay.

Advice to Management

continue making the hard choices for this company and setting us up for continued success.

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Shari's Restaurants full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great opportunity relative to the effort you put forth. Company is focused on promoting from within and looks to provide opportunities to advance.

Cons

lots of pressure to continually improve efficiency and productivity in an environment where the talent pool is constantly shrinking.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward personal efforts with the most incredible profit sharing program in the industry. Invest more in remodeling older locations.