Shari's Restaurants - Good First Job | Glassdoor

"Good First Job"

Former Employee - Host in Lynnwood, WA
Former Employee - Host in Lynnwood, WA

I worked at Shari's Restaurants part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working during the days was fun and low key for the most part. We had a ton of regulars. If you could name hundred customers and a fact about them then management would give you a $25 bonus.

Cons

Shari's is a 24 hour restaurant, I was glad I never had the graveyard shifts.
No bussers meant it fell to servers and hosts to bus the tables. This got really problematic when the restaurant got busy.

Advice to Management

Get actual busboys. It is so stressful when the restaurant is super packed and there is a line out the door and the servers and hosts can't flip tables efficiently.

Other Employee Reviews for Shari's Restaurants

1. "Seeking Employment: Look Elsewhere"

Former Employee - All Positions in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - All Positions in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Shari's Restaurants part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I must enter 5 words for Pros. Honestly, they are so few and far between that this box should just be empty.

Cons

There is no longer any opportunity for Full Time Employment. Shari's used the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) as a way to cut all employees down to 29 hours or less. There is no set in stone raise/review system, and there are no pay raises based on job code, so what you're hired on at is what you'll make, but the minimum might change and you will quickly find newer employees are making more than you.

The management team on a store level is a joke. Half of the time, they're gossiping with the employees, making it hard to respect them or take them seriously. And privacy is a joke. An employee went through a particularly nasty event last year and EVERYONE knew about it because our GM told some of the servers.

The upper-management is a bullying, make-it-happen-or-we'll-get-someone-who-will nightmare. You cannot get a straight answer from anyone.

Oh, and don't think about this as a second job. I was asked to quit my other one with the promise of more hours. That still hasn't happened.

Advice to Management

Figure out why morale is so low at your restaurant. Maybe you should stop giving employees so few hours and then harassing them to come in because someone called in sick and they aren't available. Maybe remember that you are responsible for the livelihood of human beings, not autonomous robots (Yet)

"Don't waste your time working for them, they don't care about their employees!"

Current Employee - Server in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Server in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Shari's Restaurants part-time

Pros

Although the money was great as a server, they treat their staff poorly! So if you are in the market for a short term employer who doesn't care about you, this is your company!

Cons

They closed our store with one weeks notice & no transfers made available to other stores! Many of the employees have worked at this location for over 10 years. This kind of practice by corporate America should not be tolerated! This practice destroys families and is not necessary. They request 2 weeks notice before leaving but only gave one week to all these employees. They only think of us as a number, not as people. They have been doing away with all the benefits in recent years. No full-time unless you are a "Green Bucket employee". What a derogatory name. I guess unless you put money in their bucket, you aren't worthy! No vacation time! No medical! In general they treat their employees terribly! Don't work for them!

Advice to Management

Don't just think of your employees as a number! We are human beings with lives & feelings and families to take care of!!! Some of your employees have worked for your company for many years and you don't treat them any better than someone you just hired! Where is your loyalty? Give your employees some notice when they no longer have a store to go to. They are the spokespeople for your company and angry workers don't tell good stories about you. In closing, thanks for throwing all of us away!