Sharp Electronics (US) - Sales & Marketing Budget Controller | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sharp Electronics (US)

"Sales & Marketing Budget Controller"

Former Employee - Budget Controller in Mahwah, NJ
Former Employee - Budget Controller in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at Sharp Electronics (US) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I met some really great people that I am still friends with today. But as far as a work environment this place SUCKED!!!!

Cons

SHARP Electronics is a Japanese company operating in the USA. The Japanese management while polite do not trust you and will not allow you to flourish in terms of using your talents and skills. The American staff that worked there, during my tenure, was by far MUCH WORSE than the Japanese management. Petty minded, insecure, and in a lot of cases just second rate people. If you want a job where you show up every day and just do what needs to be done. If you're not interested in being promotoed and are happy with staying in the same position for the rest of your career. Then Sharp is the place for you. If you are young, and ambitious, don't even bother with it. You will be very unhappy and you won't stay long.

Advice to Management

They are the problem! SHARP USA is a Japanese company operating in the USA. They need to make it a US company. But given the financial problems with this company doesn't look like that will happen. I say RIP SHARP! You're done!

Other Employee Reviews for Sharp Electronics (US)

1. "The Advantage of not working in the City"

Current Employee - IT Assistant Director in Mahwah, NJ
    Current Employee - IT Assistant Director in Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at Sharp Electronics (US) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stability, employees are generally respectful of each other and salaries are fair. Training is encoraged and available.

Cons

Not much upward mobility in Tech, and not much entrepreneurial spirit. We have lots of talanted people who are under utilized.

Advice to Management

Need more 2-way communication and feedback.

2. "on the whole, it was good but rpidly declining work conditions forced me to seek employmeent elsewhere."

Former Employee - Programmer Developer/Analyst in Mahwah, NJ
    Former Employee - Programmer Developer/Analyst in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at Sharp Electronics (US) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked in IT area many years and got along with well with Japanese Management. good benefits, good people to work with and friendly atmosphere.

Cons

HR got way to involved with highly Technical area back in late 90's. Most of the people in HR had no clue as to what we did, the schedules we worked and should have butted out.

Advice to Management

Limit HR interence to IT area sinc eyou have no idea what we did and stop treating us like factory workers.