Sharp HealthCare - Best Healthcare system to work for in San Diego. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sharp HealthCare

"Best Healthcare system to work for in San Diego."

Current Employee - Medical Laboratory Technician in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Medical Laboratory Technician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sharp makes sure to put a great emphasis on patient car, teaching their employees to treat eacho patient as if they were family. Working in the lab, we do not get much patient interaction, however, we are taught to treat each specimen as if it was a patient. Also, managemet is open to take in new people with no experience, but with proper credentials, in order to let them grow as professionals.

Cons

I can only speak for the lab department since it is the department that I work for. Communication between leads is not the best, but I can say that there is a great effort to resolve this issue.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would suggest is to create a better communication system between leads and employees. There are leads who already have weekly huddles with their respective teams, which is great, but, in my opinion, it would be awesome if all leads had this kinds of weekly meetings. Other than that, I would say to keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for Sharp HealthCare

"Excellent environment to contribute"

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Sharp HealthCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work environment is positive and the co-workers/bosses are a pleasure work with, the work is meaningful and worth doing with helping patients and to provide a healing atmosphere. The benefits are good and competitive, good pay, work-life balance, stable work environment, and I enjoy the work that I do.

Cons

There are not too much con that I could think of; however, there are some office politics...as in any company. The facilities are a little old which needs to be upgrade.

Advice to Management

Keep up the momentum with continuous process improvement and strategic capital investments for growth.

"Great Company"

Pros

Vision and pro growth for our community

Cons

Fragmented areas and practices with the system