Shasta County - Lots of favoritism, seniority is never considered | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Shasta County

"Lots of favoritism, seniority is never considered"

Current Employee - Social Worker II in Redding, CA
Current Employee - Social Worker II in Redding, CA

Pros

It is one of the top paying organizations in this area,

Cons

They are not supportive of line staff, two many superviors with large salaries who do little

Advice to Management

Restore the money and benefits taken from the line staff, 6 percent of pay, required to pay our retirement in full whereas county paid in past, these deductions were suppose to be temporary now they are permanent, Quit hiring positions that are high salary, we have way to many supervisors. Recongize senority not who socializes better with management, get rid of the good ol boys network and their power and control. Lets become like most counties professional and to serve the people, not themselves.

Other Employee Reviews for Shasta County

1. "Public Works is a good Department"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Pros

The work has been interesting, the opportunities good, management is receptive to ideas and concerns and within the Department there is a very positive work environment.

Cons

It is government so don't go in thinking you will change everything. Understand that government agencies must function differently from private firms. Take the not so good with the good and understand that things could be so much worse.

Advice to Management

Within my Department I am very satisfied. I have heard some dissatisfaction from other Departments, but I can't speak to that.

2. "Great place once they fix some issues"

I have been working at Shasta County full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ok benefits. Some really great and helpful staff. Spontaneity. If you are accepted into the "in" crowd you get the family at work and support. Plenty of room for growth and promotion.

Cons

Lack of training with high expectations. High staff turnover. Unaddressed racial tensions. No overtime available nor an option for a different schedule such as 4 10 hrs shifts.