Sheetz - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Sheetz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like every thing about this company, from benefits to work condition.

Cons

Some you just get really busy.

Advice to Management

Team work is essental to success and taking a proactive roll in there position.

Other Employee Reviews for Sheetz

1. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Richmond, VA

Pros

Our culture, our family values and connections with the community. We have great people and customers can't get enough. We are a great place to work!

Cons

It sometimes feels like we bite off more than we can chew as a company with too many roll outs at once. It's hard to keep up and perfect each new thing. We are fast paced, and always changing but we need to keep up the moral and make sure everyone has sufficient training to make sure we all have pride in what we do.

Advice to Management

Have more hours to work with to develop our people and work on connections. More realistic training programs for new employees.

"one of the worst working experiences I have ever had"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lynchburg, VA

Pros

Sheetz had a decent pay rate and decent benefits available. If not for that factor, I would not have stayed working there as long as I did.

Cons

The manager basically sat in the back room and expected everyone else to do her job for her. The assistant managers did the same thing. We (shift supervisors) got stuck doing everything they didnt want to do. The employees were lazy and constantly sneaking off for coffee or cigarette breaks in the back room. It was the most disorganized poorly run work environment I have ever been in. No respect. No organization. No structure. Awful.

Advice to Management

Hire managers that actually do their jobs and are willing to put in just as much effort as the people they are in charge of. Don't hire people who just sit on their butts and boss everyone else around. It makes employees loose respect.