Shell - The Best in the Business! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Shell

"The Best in the Business!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX

Pros

The total package of compensation, respect of my peers, recognition by my management, quality of my staff, and the overall support of my work group makes this better than any other job I've had since entering the workforce over 30 years ago.

Cons

Foreign company ownership is a downside because they have a different set of priorities. More global thinking, where if were allowed to spend the way we see fit, the US protion of our business would be more profitable. Currently, we help support other companies, in other countries, that are struggling to be in business.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your direct reports; we're on the frontlines of our business, and want to be your eyes and ears.

Other Employee Reviews for Shell

"Far from perfect."

Current Employee - Petroleum Engineer in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Petroleum Engineer in New Orleans, LA

Pros

Good benefits and competitive salary. Unlimited training opportunities both internal and external. Very diverse work force.

Cons

The company promises to provide you with a work life balance during the hiring process, but fails to deliver when you are hired and on the job. Most employees work 10-12 hour days and even on some weekends just to meet project deadlines.
    The company says that they look to hire people who thinks outside of the box; however, you will not advance far in the company if you actually do think outside of the box as most operating units in the company are not very receptive to change.

Advice to Management

Need to be quicker to respond to important decision that need to be made concerning exploration projects.

2. "Shell Enters the New Age of the Energy Future With Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Pros

Great people to work with and a wide varitey of experinces...international opportunities and growth through travel are the main benefits. The opportunioty to learn different approaches in your field is excellent and cannot be underestimated., You meet many different cultures and experiences...travel is fantastic...exposure to different management styles is a good learning experience.

Cons

Yes. Slow to respond to both external and internal forces.

Advice to Management

Spend less time on process and more on action.