Shell - Joining Shell was a great decision, and my only regrets are not taking advantage of all that was offered. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Shell

"Joining Shell was a great decision, and my only regrets are not taking advantage of all that was offered."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Shell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Shell is committed to Diversity and Inclusion, and I have enjoyed and appreciated the freedom to bring my "whole" self to work everyday, focus on my job and not on maintaining a "cover story". That takes up a lot of energy and feels so disingenuous, relationships with coworkers and teamwork suffer. The opportunities available at this company are amazing, as are the people.

Cons

Probably the same complaints that most large companies have...too many policies, procedures, and processes intended to streamline and simplify, but often having the opposite effect...or so it seems when you are the one trying to get the task done. Working globally is a challenge...very early or late teleconferences at times, but that also goes towards the pro side on the work flexibility aspect. Working from home, flex work schedules, etc... Big plus.

Advice to Management

I sure have seen a lot of people retiring the last few years...some of them were forced into it by reorgs and outsourcing and others are just aging out. What is the average age at Shell? Are we going to have the staff we need in 5, 10, or 15 years with the right training and skills? I hope Mgmt isn't thinking they can just pluck these people off the street a dime a dozen or contract everything out.

Other Employee Reviews for Shell