Shell - Extremely busy and work like slaves. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Shell

"Extremely busy and work like slaves."

Current Employee - Cashier in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Cashier in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Shell part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good manager and coworker.

Cons

Constantly on your feet and moving. No breaks, Short lunches.

Other Employee Reviews for Shell

"Hard to find something to complain about."

Pros

I have enjoyed most everyone I have worked with and there are lots of opportunities to move around the company. I've been quite pleased with pay and benefits, and I feel like their are lots of developmental opportunities and assignments available if you show your interest in such opportunities.

Cons

Things move slow and it can be hard to get some of the old school thinkers to change their ways.

2. "Clerk 1 yr. Hard workers not rewarded, but pride in job I do"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Yuma, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Yuma, AZ

I have been working at Shell part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great store mgmt team w/ mostly hard workers, good return customer base

Cons

Franchise owner cheap; no raises, promotions, Sapphire POS ancient need updated one

Advice to Management

Reward hard working employees raises, promotions, do performance reviews of CSR's yearly as a tool to improve our skills/work habits, policies, ect. Replace old POS so we can process sales more efficiently, quicker! Less mistakes = less $$ / time loss; from entry level all the way to management & franchise owners! How can CSR's do an efficient, speedy job if their equipment is sub-par? Customers don't care (how some employees can get stressed, frustrated, even act rudely to them because) the registers, gas pumps, or fountain stations don't operate correctly! They'll take their business & hard earned money somewhere else! And I don't blame them one bit!! I would too! So l just ask for discussion & thought to how some major issues in retail stores can be solved with the ideas I mentioned above. When I have a great day at work, my customers see it on my face & hear it in my voice! My goal: make each customer happier than when they first came into our store! Go the extra step to help customers, co-workers! TEAM EFFORT!! Needs to be implemented hands on!! COSTCO policy is great example of better work environment creating positive results in many different levels of retail businesses! Circle K stores also have a few programs where hard work is recognized, rewarded & encouraged! I take pride in my job & work hard every day!! I hope I am setting an example for my co-workers, customers and most of all my 2 sons! Thank you & have a wonderful day! :-)