Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Shell is a great place to work!

Apr 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Singapore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative environment, helpful colleagues, bosses who are personally invested in your development, very inclusive people, and job rotations. Shell also walks the diversity talk and diversity isn't just a check in the box.

Cons

Sometimes a little too collaborative. But the good thing is the decision that comes out of it will more often than not be a good one!

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best thing in life

Sep 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can sleep until noon or later in the afternoon

Cons

no money to do anything

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

WARNING....Worst Work/life balance

Aug 17, 2021 - Material Planner
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked at Shell in Woodcreek in Houston, TX. The only thing that was worth about working for Shell oil sector was the pay. Eventhough I never received a bonus.

Cons

No bonus because they are subjective based on how the company performs. The worst work/life balance I had ever experience. They "give" you every other Friday off, however, you better be online working or else you will fall behind. I would find myself working sometimes until midnight during the week to keep up with work. At times, I would work on the weekends to stay up to date and would notice my coworkers and cross-functional teams would be doing the same as they would be "online" via skype. Shell used skype (like many use Zoom) for you to show your online status (offline, away, in a meeting, etc.). Managers would use your online status to gauge how "good" of an employee you were. I was warned/counseled by my upper management because they noticed my online status had been "away" 3 times in a day for 20 mins each time and to them that was unacceptable. Diversity and Inclusion is not a top priority. If your last name did not start with "Van something" or you are not Dutch, forget about climbing the corporate ladder there. Dealt with 5 reorganizations in two years, which means it is very unstable and many people kept getting laid off.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Shell.