Shepherd Center - Overall, it's been a good place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Shepherd Center

"Overall, it's been a good place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Salaries are decent. Upper management is very approachable, even the CEO. I have been treated fairly. Advancement opportunities are fair.

Cons

Not fond of the insurance (medical coverage). It seems slanted toward the younger employees. The average nurse is in his or her 40's. They need to re-evaluate the coverage. The dental coverage has been really good this year.

Advice to Management

Remain approachable and stay transparent. That is your strength and niche in the marketplace of Atlanta. It has been overall a great place to work.

Other Employee Reviews for Shepherd Center

"Previous employee"

I worked at Shepherd Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent place for patients. Staff sometimes went out of their way to make the patients and family members comfortable and treated them like royalty.

Cons

External customers were sometimes treated way better than internal customers (employees). Some managers are very vindictive and some male charge nurses got away with alot more than they should have. Human Resources staff wasn't very friendly at all. It depends on your position or maybe how you look to be treated fairly there.

Advice to Management

Senior level managers need to be on the floors more often to see whats really going on. Do surprise visits at night if you have to and listen to everyone, not just the people who have been with the company for years.

2. "An Employer with Intergrity"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Shepherd Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Shepherd Center is true to its mission, to provide the best care for people with catastrophic injuries. Employee benefits are excellent. Salaries are competitive. I never felt pressured to overwork; there was work life balance. I had three different supervisors over the years and all treated me like a respected professional. There is a sense of community among the employees and senior management has always been invested in employee satisfaction.

Cons

Limited opportunities for growth in some areas. Extremely rewarding, but emotionally challenging work that can lead to burnout.

Advice to Management

Offer more outreach to employees to assist with burnout and career growth.

Shepherd Center Response

Jul 24, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

We are proud of the dedication our employees demonstrate toward the Shepherd Center Mission. Our employees work hard to help our clients rebuild their lives with hope, independence and dignity. We... More