Sheppard Pratt Health System - Work here if you like workplace drama and like doing the absolute bare minimum to get a check. | Glassdoor

"Work here if you like workplace drama and like doing the absolute bare minimum to get a check."

Former Employee - Staff Nurse in Towson, MD

I worked at Sheppard Pratt Health System full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free parking. 8 hour shifts. Starbucks in-house. Generous PTO and benefits package. Offers loads of overtime due to constant turnover.

Cons

Hostile environment. Gossip rules this place. Employees are encouraged to report each other to management instead of working things out amongst themselves first. Disconnect between clinical leadership and Human Resources. Every review here has a reply to speak to HR about issues; well I did and it ended up making everything worse. Staff-centered care and policies, "physician's orders or else" mentality with a culture...

Advice to Management

Implement training for coworkers to resolve conflict without involving management. Stop discouraging employees from seeking assistance through Human Resources. Support change and enforce the policies that govern the hospital.

Sheppard Pratt Health System2017-03-20

Sheppard Pratt Health System Response

March 21, 2017Recruitment and Employment Manager

Thank you for your review. We value feedback from our employees!

"Great company"

Current Employee - RN, Bsn

I have been working at Sheppard Pratt Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, flexible scheduling, paid tome off, benefits, room for advancement, the company really shows appreciation for its employees and patients.

Cons

Can be stressful and sometimes dangerous working conditions.

Sheppard Pratt Health System2019-05-23

Sheppard Pratt Health System Response

July 3, 2019Recruitment and Employment Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to hear you are having a positive experience here at SPHS!

2. "Growth Opportunities"

I have been working at Sheppard Pratt Health System

Pros

Flexible work schedule and good managers

Cons

No paid holidays. Sometimes parking is hard

Advice to Management

It’s unfair to make employees who work in offices to use PTO for holidays. Holidays should be paid.

Sheppard Pratt Health System2019-08-06

Discover more reviews about Sheppard Pratt Health System.