Sheppard Pratt Health System - Excellent Stepping Stone | Glassdoor
  1. "Excellent Stepping Stone"

Former Employee - Art Teacher in Towson, MD

I worked at Sheppard Pratt Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

The experience is unforgettable. If you really invest yourself into the job you can grow exponentially.

Cons

Be careful not to burn out. Take lots of time for yourself. Don't expect much professional teaching development. Rely solely on your own ability to self-start and enjoy the lack of accountability. Some of the leadership team/administration are pretty timid when it comes to actually being in the school/classrooms.

Advice to Management

Actually get to know what is going on in the school so that you can make improvements based on the reality of the school environment - not leading blindly and making guesses as to what needs to change. That leads to a lot of inconsistency and the staff do not take it seriously.

Sheppard Pratt Health System2019-06-24

July 3, 2019Recruitment and Employment Manager

We understand that our employees have challenging roles within the organization; and, we hope they find the work they do, even on the toughest of days, rewarding. Our leadership team members strive to provide resources to staff that foster professional growth and development. Thank ...

"Great company"

Current Employee - RN, Bsn

I have been working at Sheppard Pratt Health System full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, flexible scheduling, paid tome off, benefits, room for advancement, the company really shows appreciation for its employees and patients.

Cons

Can be stressful and sometimes dangerous working conditions.

Sheppard Pratt Health System2019-05-23

July 3, 2019Recruitment and Employment Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to hear you are having a positive experience here at SPHS!

2. "Room for internal growth"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Sheppard Pratt Health System part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Internal growth options and training.

Cons

Lower than average RN salary for a hospital setting.

Advice to Management

Tuition assistance program increase and more competitive nursing salaries would increase nursing job satisfaction and retention.

Sheppard Pratt Health System2019-07-02

July 3, 2019Recruitment and Employment Manager

Thank you for dedicating over 5 years to working for SPHS! We value the work of all our employees and are pleased to hear you found our training and internal opportunities beneficial. We are always looking for ways to remain competitive and appreciate your suggestions. Thank you!

Discover more reviews about Sheppard Pratt Health System.