Sherwin-Williams - Great company, minus some ideas senior management has | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

"Great company, minus some ideas senior management has"

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Bemidji, MN
Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Bemidji, MN

Pros

My time i have spent with the company has been great, both my manager and assistant manager are awesome, close knit feeling at the store. I am getting paid quiet well for a part time position in the town, my managers are great about feed back both positive and negative but they don't come down hard on a person the just make sure you know what happened and how you should do it next time or fix it. plenty of room for advancement, and the stores are generally a lot of fun to work in.

Cons

I can't understand some policies that senior management has in place, we are a high quality paint store do we really need to be open on the day after thanksgiving and Christmas REALLY!!!!? who is going to come buy paint in the middle of winter in northern Minnesota the day after Christmas or thanksgiving.

Advice to Management

i can understand wanting to compete with bigger stores, but do you really have to tick off a ton of your workers by having us work these stupid days, during which a store might and i do mean might make $100 dollars in sales, how does that make any sense?

Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

1. "Overall it was a rewarding experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great work atmosphere. Family like feel, makes work enjoyable.

Cons

There seems to be some disconnect between hourly and salary employees.

Advice to Management

Get more employee involvement. In the past hourly employees said that they were valued more and work was actually fun.

2. "Great Place to Develop a Career"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Madison, WI

Pros

Supportive management. Promotion opportunities always available if you show drive and work hard.

Cons

Quick promotions require ability to relocate.

Advice to Management

Keep developing talent, especially women & minorities. Thanks for a great career start!