Sherwin-Williams - Time Management is Critical | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

"Time Management is Critical"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady Work. Company hasn't laid off employees, even during the economic down turn. Good experience in learning the operations of managing a business. You get what you put into it. Spanish speaking skills is a big boost for greater potential business. Many resources to improve your knowledge on executing different tasks.

Cons

Cut-Throat business to work in as it is all about price margins with the competition if you want a painter's business. You have many administrative duties that have to be done regardless how busy it can get, if not - you're staying after hours to do so. If a management trainee, you have to go to an assigned store at the end of training (2-3 months) - myself and the previous 2 trainees have been assigned 75 miles away from our home area. You're told it can happen, but you always hope it won't be you.

Advice to Management

Train store managers to help new assistant managers to learn their new duties to their newly assigned stores to be manageable. Being told to "figure it out" when you obviously don't have time or energy to learn the hard way is not an efficient or an effective way to lead or build good morale for managing employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

"What happened to the old Sherwin Williams?"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great!
    Co-Workers are great!
    Fun and Active Environment!

Cons

MICRO MANAGEMENT! There is no more freedom like there used to be. Seem to be caring less about employees and moral. Just not what it used to be and that's why I left. Who wants to work until 7pm for no reason servicing jerk contractors who act like their paint is the cure for cancer. Insane! It's like a 500 pound weight has been lifted off my shoulders since leaving. So happy.

Advice to Management

Leave the employees alone! Let them do what they do best, as it always has been. I know it won't happen though. I can't imagine what it will be like to work for this company in 10 years.

"Corporate is Tolerable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are good, but are replaceable. Fitness center and cafeteria. Vacation time.

Cons

It is run like the 1940s boys club, very hard if you are a women. There is no work life balance if you are a working mom. The traffic and parking are horrible in Cleveland. I don't think the company has the culture of always doing the right thing for the employees. Promotions are selective.

Advice to Management

Consider flex-time or work at home options, especially if we sit in a cubicle all day anyways. Get to the current century with the process of things.