Sherwin-Williams - good long term career, if you like sales | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

"good long term career, if you like sales"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Store Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

love the people of SW, cant beat it! If you've been working for 5+ yrs, you remember the good/fun times. Great learning experiences. Opportuntiy to grow and use your brains to run your store, with lots of help from corporate.

Cons

too many sales drives, flip-flopping agendas, little to no holidays off. Lots of college grads with entitlement issues entering the company, most never make it past assistant manager.

Advice to Management

Too many topics of immediate action needed, always operating is panic mode. Need to put yourself in the customer's shoes, we can only do so much at the store level to get business. Make the process easier to get business, painters don't have great credit for the majority. Pay us for the 2 person job we do everyday, look at the stock, 1% doesn't cut it...

Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

1. "Big company culture, big company politics, roadblocks, must be politically correct, cannot get perfect review..."

Current Employee - Field Staff Auditor in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Field Staff Auditor in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable, no one is worried for their jobs (except in audit!). A lot of promotion from within. Many good people if you don't let the placeholders get in your way.

Cons

Big company politics
    Big company culture.
    They like to hire E&Y and other big 4 employees instead of from within.
    Technology is behind the curve.

Specifically audit department is extremely out of touch, perhaps this comes with the territory, I would have expected more cohesion between peers though. Their discontent is the primary bond in that department. Make it through there and things get much better yet not perfect. Expect many uncompensated late nights. Work hard, not smart.

Below average pay.

Advice to Management

Adopt more agile business processes and become more employee centric (more so than just saying it). Break down the silos and lose some formality, it gets in the way. Hire good people you trust and empower them.

2. "Sherwin-Willaims is ok"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sherwin-Williams part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you are interested in learning about a job in the automotive paint business, Sherwin-Williams Automotive will help you learn about this business. You will learn to work with customers, mix paint,
    take orders and work with a team.

Cons

In my years with Sherwin-Williams Automotive I went through 7 managers for the 8 years I worked there. There is little chance of being promoted to full-time positions and when one does come open, the company may hire someone outside of the company before they move a existing employee into the position.

Advice to Management

Learn from the employees that have been there for awhile, they already know your customers and can help you to learn to deal with them.