Sherwin-Williams - Big company culture, big company politics, roadblocks, must be politically correct, cannot get perfect review... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

"Big company culture, big company politics, roadblocks, must be politically correct, cannot get perfect review..."

Current Employee - Field Staff Auditor in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Field Staff Auditor in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable, no one is worried for their jobs (except in audit!). A lot of promotion from within. Many good people if you don't let the placeholders get in your way.

Cons

Big company politics
Big company culture.
They like to hire E&Y and other big 4 employees instead of from within.
Technology is behind the curve.

Specifically audit department is extremely out of touch, perhaps this comes with the territory, I would have expected more cohesion between peers though. Their discontent is the primary bond in that department. Make it through there and things get much better yet not perfect. Expect many uncompensated late nights. Work hard, not smart.

Below average pay.

Advice to Management

Adopt more agile business processes and become more employee centric (more so than just saying it). Break down the silos and lose some formality, it gets in the way. Hire good people you trust and empower them.

Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

1. "Sherwin-Willaims is ok"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Sherwin-Williams part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you are interested in learning about a job in the automotive paint business, Sherwin-Williams Automotive will help you learn about this business. You will learn to work with customers, mix paint,
    take orders and work with a team.

Cons

In my years with Sherwin-Williams Automotive I went through 7 managers for the 8 years I worked there. There is little chance of being promoted to full-time positions and when one does come open, the company may hire someone outside of the company before they move a existing employee into the position.

Advice to Management

Learn from the employees that have been there for awhile, they already know your customers and can help you to learn to deal with them.

"Intern - IT"

Former Intern - IT Intern in Cleveland, OH
    Former Intern - IT Intern in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Sherwin-Williams as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

It's nice to be able to gain experience utilizing the tools I was exposed to. It is a great resume builder.

Cons

The management was very unkind and VERY into themselves.

When you work in any department in Sherwin-Williams you ARE the label on your "SW-White Pages".
    90% of people treat you and others according to your job title.

SW also brainwashes you into thinking you are with the best company in Northeast Ohio. They tell you this is the best place to work and no other comapny compares. Well, after declining their job offer and accepting another, AND working full-time in previous jobs, it's safe to say they are NOT the best company to work for in NE Ohio.

Advice to Management

........Did you hear that? Didn't think so...you need to LISTEN to what your employees voice to you and stop favoring your friend. I DO NOT care about going to lunch with higher level management. My time is better spent LEARNING not blowing smoke up someones #$%%.