Sherwin-Williams - Good Business Experience | Glassdoor

"Good Business Experience"

Former Employee - Store Manager
Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Deal with a variety of issues that will set you up for success later down the road, especially if you want to be a manager at another organization or in a corporate setting. Was a good segue into another career for me.

Cons

Sometimes, the program (MTP) can be limiting. It's tough if you're in a rural area, as I was, and you want to get to a city location.

Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

1. "Have had a great experience"

Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Specialist in Bend, OR

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Have been very flexible with my schedual, manager is great, good benifits and retirement planning with company match. Regular raises

Cons

outside management is totally disconected from the store and give off the impression that they do not care about employees at the store level at all. They have quite a few bonus benifits listed for employees on their website, such as employee referals and paying for you to get a rosseta stone program but if you request it they will just ignore it if you are not persistant in calling them about the status, will still take months to get it taken care of.

Advice to Management

The company at the top seems to be promoting the message that they really care about the employees and that the company is all people that have worked their way up from ground level, but there is a big disconnect and I feel like the general atitude of employees at the actual stores is that staff at the district level and above don't care and that unless you get into the company through the MTP program out of college you will not have an opportunity for growth

"Pretty good employment"

Former Intern - Intern in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Intern - Intern in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Sherwin-Williams as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair pay, for most workers. Great compensation for those in management or sales. Great place for college grads to start off, especially since you can guarantee yourself a place in the MTP program. Or just as an intern it is a good summer job and side job.

Cons

Complex relations with the managers and regional higher ups. Hope your warehouse has climate control in the summer! Also some workers did not work as hard and it was obvious in all stores that these guys drained us.

Advice to Management

Give more opportunities to your entry level workers and improve relations between them and the area management.