Sherwin-Williams - Have a way of wearing you out. A way of using you up. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

"Have a way of wearing you out. A way of using you up."

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The salary is fairly competitive. The stock is performing well, though the profit comes at the price of the sanity of many field personnel.

Cons

This company is full of good people; some great people. Hard working folks who genuinely want to do a good job for the company they work for. People that run like hell trying to cover all the bases in the stores they work in and manage, and instead of being rewarded for doing it, they are flogged for failing to toe the line on one of the 74 different metrics that are constantly in play as a layer over an environment where there's a customer coming in or calling an average of every two and half minutes. It makes me wonder if the tasks we expect of our store and field staff, staffed the way we characteristically do (short by our own design and admission) are grounded in reality at all. It seems more likely they are just meant to give something to whip us about.

Advice to Management

I wish it mattered now. The advice offered in these boxes might get heeded ten years from now if the new idea adoption curve runs on time.

Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

1. "Wonderful, Amazing, Great place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of hours, Nice People, Great Customers

Cons

Not alot of co-workers, Need more help in stores, lots of information

Advice to Management

More people in each store

"Well known company"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very good training when starting out. They make you feel very important.

Cons

Long hours, open on weekends with little to no staff. Unrealistic goals and budgets are unattainable. Bad review if you do not reach budgets.

Advice to Management

High budgets that are not reachable. You are just a number, no loyality to employees. Bad reviews if you do not reach sale budget and profit budget you get a bad review. 3 bad reviews in a row and they can demote you or make another unreasonable job offer no normal person will take.