Sherwin-Williams - Overworked for salary amount | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sherwin-Williams

"Overworked for salary amount"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Entry-level management with no prior experience

Cons

A lot of heavy lifting
Short staffed

Advice to Management

Don't control the store as much...need more employees per store

Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

"Dead-End"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The starting pay is pretty exceptional for a part-time job ($10). The chances of having a set schedule are pretty good as well, depending on the type of manager you have. The job is not commission based and there is a stock purchase plan in which the company will match your contributions. Any retail experience in dealing with customers and store maintenance will suffice for preparation in dealing with day to day tasks at the store. This is a good opportunity for high school students and college students with open schedules and less responsibility.

Cons

Growth is stagnate for current employees unless you happen to know someone in upper management. City managers continue adding responsibilities for employees while the store managers reap all the benefits. Only store managers and assistant managers get bonuses for a store's performance. Appraisals are unfair. Do not expect any substantial raise in salary unless you are promoted; even after years of service. Managers will be generous in giving hours to employees but it will be to the benefit of themselves, so they can disappear. Employees do not receive any benefits or bonus compensation, regardless of performance. The most gratitude my manager has ever given me is food during long inventory counts. I have worked within my own self-development to become an exemplary employee but my position within the company has not progressed into anything more definitive of my quality of work. However, these are the normal circumstances of a retail job and some people are made for it. Sherwin-Williams is no different from any big box store that overworks and under-compensates its employees and rewards its corporate titans and managers for the hard-working employees' performance. Please read the other reviews and consider what you would like out of this job before taking it. It may not be the best decision for long term career goals.

Advice to Management

Consider the plight of your employees and reward their efforts more often.

2. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*several opportunities for growth and career development
    *good working environment
    *commitment to community
    *environmentally conscience

Cons

*lack of diversity in certain departments
    *limited flexibility

Advice to Management

Share the wealth; all professionals should get a bonus of some sort, not just upper management