Sherwin-Williams - Good experience | Glassdoor

"Good experience"

Pros

hours, people, experience, pay, upper management

Cons

hours, pay, employees, locations, benefits

Other Employee Reviews for Sherwin-Williams

1. "Sherwin-Williams is an amazing Employer with great opportunities!"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Cleveland, OH
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sherwin-Williams as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Large company with room for career advancement. Company really cares about its employees. HQ has a great food court plus gym and outdoor tennis courts, basketball courts, a running track. The people who work for this company are a joy to be around.

Cons

I have no cons for this company. The employees, the culture, the location, everything is great.

2. "Sherwin Williams was a very relaxed work atmosphere without sacrificing professionalism."

Former Employee - Third Key, Commercial Sales Specialist in West Springfield, MA

I worked at Sherwin-Williams full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You learn a lot about the paint business, the customers are still retail customers but they tend to really trust you, you can honestly start as a part time employee and move up, Sherwin Williams hires 90% of its employees from inside the company, very good pay for amount physical work, they have locations everywhere in the country and they will help you move to a different location if you end up moving, excellent employee discount, no drug test and they really trust you as an employee, they will work with you if you really mess something up opposed to blaming you and firing you on the spot, they have a lot of employee resources when it comes to things like drug abuse, depression, workplace harassment, they will let you buy Roseta Stone at a 90% discount in any language, at the end of the day I always felt very satisfied with my job even though I never went to college, you will honestly have huge amount of option when it comes to future promotions, they have many different paint/design industries you can work in.

Cons

Not many but I would say my biggest gripe is having to do multiple cold calls a day as a daytime retail employee, they are still a corporation so they can be unfair about so minor things.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, also put soda/snack rack in the stores