Shoe Carnival - Dead end job. | Glassdoor

"Dead end job."

Current Employee - Sales Lead
Current Employee - Sales Lead

Pros

Fun atmosphere.
Great learning environment
Great management
Customers.
The management is fun and lets you have fun without being unprofessional. They train you by showing you. I have no problem talking openly with my managers and coworkers and consider most of them friends.

Cons

Theft is terrible (employees are not allowed to do anything.. Only loss prevention and management)
Pay
No room for growth
Customers

I love working here, but after four years I feel like I am in the same place as when I started. I am a great employee (always showing up on time, going above and beyond my job) but you feel like you never get thanks. They promise full time and never give it.

Advice to Management

Pay a little more! Don't scrimp and save with your good employees. Don't make empty promises that you have no intention of keeping.

Other Employee Reviews for Shoe Carnival

"Working for Shoe Carnival is like traveling the road to nowhere."

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

Pros

Actually, once full-time you do get quite a bit of personal time off as well as vacation time. You can pesonalize how you run your store with limitations though.

Cons

Ever changing policies not communicated to management. Example: Working really hard as an assistant to get promoted and finding out the position NOW pays $10000 a year less. Willing to relocate anywhere for any salary is what company wants. Qualities undefined for management positions in store with no standard hiring requirements. Hard work does not get noticed.

Advice to Management

Don't boast "Quality of Life" for your GM's when there isn't any. Take advantage energenic people with incentives and drop the "Old World" ways of corporate budgeting. Some management may have the key's to your sucess but to buried in day to day grind.

2. "Terrible, with no room for growth."

Pros

Some of the people there are easy to get a long with.

Cons

Can be chaotic during the holiday, and the upper level work their employee to death.

Advice to Management

Don't work your employees to death.